Chapter 2 - Meeting.

Chapter 2 - Meeting.

A Chapter by lover of Sirius

 

 
Chapter 2 - Meeting.

Sirius landed down a dark alleyway next to the Leaky Cauldron, not being used to Muggle London he was hoping to spend a night at the wizardry inn and work his way from there.

Sirius shrunk his broomstick and slipped it into his pocket beside his mini trunk and walked to the end of the alleyway, it was dark on the streets of the Capital city, but this did not deter the wizard, he would not let his family get to him, they were nothing to him, he did not need them, he had his 3 best friends; James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, and best friends were family in his opinion.

With his head held high he walked into the Leaky Cauldron and requested a room, and being the greedy inn-keeper, Tom did not refuse the teenager of his request, instead, accepted the money he was handed. He showed Sirius to his room and left the young man to his own devices.

Sirius fell backwards onto his double bed and stared at the ceiling, thinking on his plan of action, after time he fell asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Melody knew where she was going. Well kind of. She planned to go to the Leaky Cauldron and stay there until September the 1st when she would go back to Hogwarts, her final year at Hogwarts that is, and she was going to make every minute last.

She touched ground in the very same alleyway that a certain dark-haired wizard had landed, and following his lead; she shrunk her broom and dropped it into her pocket and walked into the inn.
Tom the inn-keeper, did exactly the same as he had done before, accepted the money, no questions asked he showed the student to her room and left her to it.

But unlike Sirius, Melody couldn't sleep, the events of the evening flashed through her mind, and she tried so hard to think of something else, but nothing was working, she stunned her step-father! That was the worse thing she had ever done and it was eating her up inside.

Gradually after time, she fell into an uneasy sleep.
The light of the early morning sunrise hit Sirius like a tonne of bricks- he shot up in bed and looked around, then seemed to give out a breath of relief, everything is okay, I'm safe, they can't hurt me, he reassured himself, he ran a hand through his dark locks and decided to go have a shower, maybe that would make him feel more better.

Melody awoke in roughly the same manner as Sirius did, she sat up in bed and looked around, she rubbed her face with one hand coming to terms that she, Melody, had ran away from home after so many years of dreaming of it
She went and had a shower while planning on how to spend the day.

Sirius Black looked at himself in the bathroom mirror reflection. In the past, moments like this would please Sirius, because he would look at himself and just acknowledge how perfect he is, but not today. Today he just combed his raven hair through, charmed it dry and got changed, just not feeling in the mood to boost his egotistical confidence.  With a heavy sigh he made his way out of his room and downstairs and ordered a piece of toast and a goblet of pumpkin juice for his breakfast.

Meanwhile, Melody had finished her shower, gotten dried and dressed and was just making her way downstairs when, on the last step, someone accidentally pushed past her and sent her stumbling....right into Sirius' lap.

Sirius, using his beater skills, caught her before she hit the floor.
Their eyes locked. After what felt like a lifetime, although was only a few seconds, Melody looked away- blushing furiously.

“S...sorry” She stuttered and stood up, refusing to look at the other student.
Not your fault” Sirius looked the strangely familiar young woman over, suddenly it clicked “Melody Cutler right?” he asked

Melody's head shot up to look at him “Y...yes, h..how do you know my name?” she asked hesitantly
Sirius smiled in a reassuring manner “Are you kidding? You are the smartest witch in Hogwarts, apart from Lily Evans of course”

Melody ducked her head down in embarrassment, hiding her blush. “Thank you” she muttered

“No thank you, I have never had the courage to talk to you, I was afraid you'd blow me off with something smart”
Melody was speechless, he never had the courage to speak to her?

“I don't know what to say to that” she bit her lip shyly
Sirius smiled “Say nothing, care to join me for breakfast?”
Melody smiled for the first time that morning “Okay then” she took a seat next to Sirius and ordered a slice of toast and a goblet of pumpkin juice. Sirius hesitated on what to say “So...what's the story that has brought you here?” he asked
Melody swallowed the lump in her throat. Sirius noticed her nervousness “You don't have to say if you don't want to, I was just wondering 'cus I ran away from home last night”

Melody bit her lip “Me too, and I...erm kind of stunned my step-father”
Sirius was taken back “Really?”
Melody ducked her head down in shame.
I'm not judging you Melody, I would never judge you, if you stunned your step-father then it must've been for a good reason, and I trust you, but if you ever want to talk, I'll be happy to listen” Sirius smiled Melody couldn't help but smile at how sweet Sirius was being “Thank you Sirius, it's been very hard since my mum died, then my step-dad started to drink every night, and it got worse-” Sirius stopped her by putting a finger to her lips
Stop right there, I didn't mean now...I thought maybe its better, we get to know each other first before we start spilling our secrets?” he suggested. Melody smiled “Since when have you ever been this sweet to a girl Sirius, aren't you the sort to just 'f**k them and go'?”
Sirius winced “I don't want to be that person anymore, I want to change....will you help me?” he looks at her hopefully. Melody had butterflies in her stomach, he was asking her! Sirius was asking her! She thought with glee. You know what Sirius? I think I just might” she said with as much confidence as she could muster. Sirius grinned “Sounds like we have a deal”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

OMG ARE YOUR EYES DECIEVING YOU? NO THEY ARE NOT, THAT ^, THAT^^^^ IS INDEED CHAPTER TWO, !!!! YES I DID IT! SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!



© 2010 lover of Sirius


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You keep changing tenses again.. 'That was the worse', should be that was the worst.
'Make him feel more better,' should be, make him feel better. 'How perfect he is' should be how perfect he was. The rest was good though and I'd like to see you do one of your own stories and not a fan-fiction, I think that with how many fan-fiction's you do write it would be a good challenge, I mean with your own story, you create your own characters, your own world and it becomes your own.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like it. You really make the characters your own. I hope someday that you'll move away from the fan-fiction because with your professional voice and character development, you don't need to use J.K. Rowling's world.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. I like how you added loads of new layers onto the characters, yet it still fits the world that JK Rowling set up. Very impressive.
Brasso

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 2, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010


Author

lover of Sirius
lover of Sirius

Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom



About
hiii, my names Fiona i'm 17, Bisexual and from England. I love writing but i have a fear of stepping outside the boundaries of harry potter/ twilight etc. But fortunately for you i have been brain.. more..

Writing