Falling Under His Spell

Falling Under His Spell

A Story by Tibby
"

A really short true story about a girl who can't stop falling in love with a guy that has already hurt her more than once.

"

 

Falling Under his Spell
A short story By Abby Combs
 
 
He was doing it again. Talking to me, I mean. And that was a VERY bad thing. Every time he talked to me, or even looked at me I would seriously go crazy. I couldn’t help it. Everything about him was perfect. Where someone would see a flaw, I saw a cute little mistake. It usually wasn’t like that to the other guys. If a guy had one mistake, I would dump him, (or if I wasn’t going out with him; forget him.)
People say you have to forget about their mistakes and if you do, you truly love them. I had dumped/forgotten half the guys at our school because they had a “problem,” and I was beginning to think I would be single for the rest of my life. I still think that sometimes. The weird thing was; he had a lot of “mistakes” and for some odd reason, I could over-look all of them. He was kind of like a nerd. He was probably the smartest guy I knew. He read, whether he liked it or not, I don’t know. I had even seen him read during lunch, which is practically the only time we get to talk to other people. Even if he was a geek, he was pretty hot. I had heard a few girls say, they would date him if he wasn’t such a nerd. That’s kind of what the guys say about me, except it was because I was too quiet. I couldn’t change that, and the Lord knows I would if I could.
Over the past month I had done a good job of not talking to him. The only reason is, is that it’s summer, and the only way we could talk is on the internet. I hadn’t talked to him in a WHOLE month. I don’t think I even thought of him during that time either. I could’ve probably even gone for two months, but no! He just happened to be online at the exact same time I was! He didn’t say anything to me, even though I prayed for him to, but secretly wishing he wouldn’t because I knew I would get hurt again. Thinking about what happened last time, I had signed off of Yahoo! Messenger.
A week later I signed on, and he was already on. I stared at his name. It was like the words were taunting me, telling me to say something to him. But I didn’t. I exited out of the list and began to check my e-mails, but then he popped up. I automatically jumped back when I saw his name. I couldn’t believe he actually had the nerve to talk to me after what he did to me! The small black text blinked reading: hey.
‘I’m not going to let him get to me this time. I’m not going to say anything to him.’ I thought. I stared at the word “hey” for a long time, and then I heard the taping noise of someone typing on a keyboard. My reply popped up, reading: hey. Had I just typed that? I suddenly felt weak when I realized that I was going to fall under his stupid spell again, just like I had before. And the time before that…

© 2008 Tibby


Author's Note

Tibby
I wrote this in the middle of the night, and I was getting really tired... but I just had to write this after what happened..... I wasn't really going to put this story on here, it was just going to be a little journal entry. So what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like it
it was so sweet my teeth ache
I remember high school and oh the crisis of it all
I really enjoyed this one!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think it's a fine start to a short story. It was well written and I could feel her tension when he sent her that one word over im. Hey. I can't believe that she answered back though? Good job. Add on to this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think that the shackles of love can be hard to break at times. It's spell has woven many a people to go down paths that wern't good for them.

I think your story is a wonderful discription of how life can get complicated with the afairs of the heart and how easy it is to fall back to what we know, rather then break free and find a new place.

It's very well writen.

Aaron

Posted 15 Years Ago


cute story. but i think it would be nicer if you continued it. i mean, what happened after the "hey"? did they go steady?

Posted 15 Years Ago


hm. i think its very interesting. its very good for writing it in the middle of the night. ^.^

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2008

Author

Tibby
Tibby

Stuck in My Head, NC



About
Some Interesting Facts About Me: 1.) I cant stand guys who start out a conversation like this: "heyyy wanna go out?" when they don't even k.. more..

Writing
***Powers*** ***Powers***

A Book by Tibby


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Tibby


The End The End

A Book by Tibby