Fenrir's Love Song

Fenrir's Love Song

A Poem by Sarah
"

What does it feel like to fall in love with the wolf?

"
“'what does it feel like to fall in love with the wolf?'she asks
for a minute, you are silent. Your heart collecting its thoughts…..then….suddenly, as if a serpent began to coil itself around it, it began to suffocate; as if an old wound has reopened itself; once again, you have to remember. 

'It is adrenaline, it is ecstasy, it is everything you can ever dream of,' you begin to muse, but your face drops, lips carving a resentful scowl, 'but it is also agony, an agony in which you cannot possibly imagine.

A wolf is, according to tradition, the strength and protection in which anyone could want; but he is also ravenous, carnivorous, 
U N P R E D I C T A B L E �" for you will never know when he will turn, look you in the eyes and gnaw at your flesh, crushing the bones�" carelessly and effortlessly; lest I forgot, little one, lest I forgot…’ the forlorn is evident in your venomous words.

'I remember when the wolf bared his teeth at me in a cruel smile; I remember when I would lay beside him, quivering beneath him as he driven himself feral in me, just wondering, wondering when he would turn…. 

I also remember the nights when I would hold him close to me on the nights when he was only a man; when his wolf facade would crumble�" when he felt out of control. I remember healing his wounds with a heavenly kiss. This was my curse.”

�" to answer your question, little one: it is dangerous to fall in love with the wolf not just for his cruelty but also for the vulnerability he possesses behind his snarl

© 2015 Sarah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on March 25, 2015
Last Updated on March 25, 2015
Tags: poetry, religious, S.O. poetry, nordic mythology, fenrir

Author

Sarah
Sarah

LA VERNE, CA



About
20. ULV. History major. Aspiring professor and writer. Published writer on tumblr (ditavonmexo & thetruthenlightensme), wattpad (bl00dy_sabbath) fictionpress (funeralmoon) thoughts.com (shygirl101) an.. more..

Writing
Glory Glory

A Poem by Sarah