PB and Marceline

PB and Marceline

A Story by lozzop
"

My very quick Bubbline fanfic :D

"

Sometimes I would just watch her as she spoke, I didn’t really need to know what she was saying, because she knew I didn’t understand anyway. I loved how she still looked at the world through curious eyes even though she already knew so much; it was never enough for her, there was always such more to know. I loved her as she babbled of beautiful nonsense, it was nonsense to me anyway, but to her it made the most sense in the world. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply, and then I think she realised I wasn’t listening anymore, because she did that weird smile when she was kind of annoyed at me but at the same time too in love with me to mention it.

 

She ran her fingers through the long grass and clenched her fist around the blades of green, resting back on her elbows and gazing up at the cold night above of us. There weren’t many stars out tonight, which was a shame, usually they helped make for longer conversations.

 

“It’s weird that we’re not the only people, right now.’ She breathed in deeply, like she did in a moment of intense thought, like when she talked about science and would pause to think of just how to explain herself. This pause was slightly different though. “There are millions more of us just, being and doing, just right now. Millions of tiny little thoughts and first kisses and insecurities and lives, but what if we were the only ones? It’d be kind of nice.’ She sighed and then laughed, and I giggled at her weirdness.

 

“How high are you right now?’ I said, as if what she had just said hadn’t meant anything to me and every single feeling and thought I had because of her, at all.

 

“Yes,” she giggled with a stupid grin.

 

The echo of her laughter was followed by a roaring silence, one that seemed to go for a perfect forever. There was no too long to spend with her, I still get those butterflies in my stomach when she talks to me or asks me a question.

I love her, and I can’t help but stare at her and picture our perfect pasts and futures together, a future, that will never happen. Things I want to do with her, I want to ride dragons in the ocean with her, build forts, do some naked baking, fly unicorns and sing about brilliant things. But I can’t.

 

Usually after that she would ask to leave, she had work, duties, sleep, hungry, bored, whatever. But this time she turned and looked at me, differently than she had before, and she blinked at me like I was something she didn’t understand. She leaned a little closer, and I stayed exactly where I was. She held my hand and smiled, inches away from my face. My eyes were wide and my breaths were slight and cold, she looked perfectly calm though, she always did.

 

“Goodnight, Marceline.” She turned back towards the castle and for the first time for a long time, I fell asleep.

 

“Night, PB.”

 

 

© 2014 lozzop


Author's Note

lozzop
sorry it's kind of cheesy XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on May 1, 2014
Last Updated on May 1, 2014
Tags: bubbline, marceline, PB, adventure time, emotion, sad, adventure, sadness, summertime, dreams, dream, love, short story, fanfiction, fanfic

Author

lozzop
lozzop

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I've loved making up worlds and characters since I was little, I suppose you could say as a child i was relatively alone, not lonely though, there is a difference. I'm not much different as a teenager.. more..

Writing