Divine Planet (Eternal Night)

Divine Planet (Eternal Night)

A Chapter by Alma W. Reis
"

Here I introduce to you the origins of a species and their dying planet.

"

Humans are creatures of light. The Sun has graced the Earth’s atmosphere for almost 5 billion years. Our primordial life-source has risen over the horizon, every day, ever since.

Earth is a planet blessed by odds and probability. It formed out of nothing but dust and gas. Dust and gas, brought together by the binding force of gravity to create Paradise.


Throughout  the Universe, not all planets are blessed with life-favorable odds. Those that are, have to gamble with an infinite number of possibilities. From which spring forth the most unimaginable places. 
Not all seem as heavenly as Earth. 

There may not exist any great big blue seas, overwhelming the surface; no rich land sprinkled with a variety of plants, trees, shrubs and roots; no variety of creatures lurking underground, underwater, on the soil and above the clouds. 

Some seem rather lifeless and devoid of light. Some seem like big rocks drifting away in Space.

One planet in particular, has drifted so far, that there are no sunrises and no sunsets. This planet is composed of a rock so dark it swallows up any light that seeps into its atmosphere. 

From space, the small planet could easily be mistaken for a black hole.

Staring atop a mountain, you would feel as though you were standing on a platform merged with empty Space, clustered with stars and galaxies, except below your feet. Pitch black and slimy. 

No light touches the dark composition. No brightness from above. 

There is, however, life on the rock, which drifts through darkness unnoticed. 

The rather shallow oceans hold creatures, which hold resemblance to Earth's bio luminescent organisms. In the middle of the oil-like water, float faltering lights: blue, green and red attracting food or mates.

Above the water surface, reside the most suspicious beings. Dots of cold blue and white light, hover over the ground, occasionally burrowing inside the porous rocks’ surface. Spirits!

Then occasionally a portion of the earth lights up, spirits humming, reaching a crescendo. The night sky is, for a moment, recreated and reflected on the surface of the planet. It is hauntingly beautiful.


They are in essence, true creatures of light. Feeding off pure energy radiated by stars, planets and living, material beings. The quintessence of the immaterial world. A world which is a ghost to the matter of Nature. 




© 2014 Alma W. Reis


Author's Note

Alma W. Reis
I think I have covered the editing, but if you see anything that seems out of place I appreciate another set of eyes. Thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What an interesting and fanciful landscape you're created. You took something that sounded like it would be macabre and turned it into something lovely and ethereal.

NOTES: There are some more copy edits needed. Also, as a matter of visual form, the lines are rather long to follow easily. I recommend increasing your font size to 14 or 16 point; the WC format has hard set borders, so increasing the font size will shorten your lines. If you think about books and magazines and newspapers, they all limit the width of their lines -- this is specifically for readability visuals.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I agree. I hope, if you critique my work, you will also be as baldly honest. Like you, I'm here to g.. read more
Alma W. Reis

9 Years Ago

Of course, I will do my best to be insightful and appreciative :)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Thank you.



Reviews

Perfect.
Thank you.

The Future Is [email protected] read yu tuday!
Better Writer,
Yu-Tuday!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alma W. Reis

9 Years Ago

thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
What an interesting and fanciful landscape you're created. You took something that sounded like it would be macabre and turned it into something lovely and ethereal.

NOTES: There are some more copy edits needed. Also, as a matter of visual form, the lines are rather long to follow easily. I recommend increasing your font size to 14 or 16 point; the WC format has hard set borders, so increasing the font size will shorten your lines. If you think about books and magazines and newspapers, they all limit the width of their lines -- this is specifically for readability visuals.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

I agree. I hope, if you critique my work, you will also be as baldly honest. Like you, I'm here to g.. read more
Alma W. Reis

9 Years Ago

Of course, I will do my best to be insightful and appreciative :)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 19, 2014
Last Updated on October 19, 2014
Tags: planet, parallel universe, spirits, alien, immaterial, space, stars


Author

Alma W. Reis
Alma W. Reis

Portugal



About
Hello and welcome I am currently working on my writing, through the "Hellysian Parallel" Project. It is a platform where a Universe of posts build up to a story. Uncovering conceptual imagery a.. more..

Writing