Betrayal

Betrayal

A Story by lrigD

There was pain, and there was anger.

Betrayal.

It had a bitter taste, a stale taste; you wonder if this is what it feels like to be betrayed, and somewhere a small part of you hopes this is all there is to it.

Because if it is just this, you may be able to live.

What had happened? Weeks ago, you were just another one; part of life, part of your family, your country. Just another person.

And now?

Who are you? What is beyond your exterior?

What moves people to talk to you? Why do people decide to avoid you?

Is there anything defining about you now, anything that has changed?

Betrayal?

Can people see it, smell it? Do they walk by, see you and realize who you are?

Is your cover blown?

Insecurity, so many uncertainties: so many questions, yet so little answers. It sometimes drives you crazy.

There is no reason in your thinking now " you are illogical, irrational. Can you be blamed?

What happened?

You don’t know, dazed as you are. All you know, is that this is it; the moment of truth, the moment that will tell you whether you live or die.

Which one will it be?

© 2010 lrigD


Author's Note

lrigD
Had to write something; this is the result.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You nailed it. You took the act of feeling and turned it into a form of life that can be tasted, smelt, and seen. Actually, it reminds me of a disease, the lingering smell of hospital on your clothing while you wonder if you're just paranoid or if anyone else can smell it too. And betrayal attacks you, too, like a virus, leaving you weak and confused.
This spoken word radiates strength though, and I welcome all musings from your talented pen (keyboard?).
Fantastic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked this... mainly because this has been my year of "betrayals", and every word resonated off of my soul. You were able to put into words the confusion and pain I've been feeling from losing old friends. I REALLY felt this part: "Who are you? What is beyond your exterior? What moves people to talk to you? Why do people decide to avoid you? Is there anything defining about you now, anything that has changed?"
I think with betrayals, the person who feels betrayed tends to wonder what they did wrong, what they did to orchestrate such behavior. We wonder if we have changed, or somehow pushed someone away. Thank you for such a great read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed it. Especially the single word sentence first as a statement "Betrayal." then as a question "Betrayal?" The use of many questions allowed the reader to see and feel your confusion and be pulled in perfect. Maybe a little too much or maybe not. I'll leave that to your discretion. The ending was perfect leaving the reader in suspense and almost as if your life was in our hands. Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful. Please, keep writing.
gionelly*KiSS

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't know. Poem could be about many things. Betrayal to family, friends and country could be a person who won't defend his home. Betrayal in belief can separate people. A interesting write. Made me think some.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

353 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010
Tags: betrayal, betraying, evil, verraad, slecht, love, hate, alone, abandonment, abandon

Author

lrigD
lrigD

Netherlands



Writing
Stay afloat Stay afloat

A Story by lrigD


I'm Not Dead Yet I'm Not Dead Yet

A Story by lrigD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lost Lost

A Poem by NeverSurrender