Wondering, Dreaming

Wondering, Dreaming

A Story by lrigD
"

As a child, she used to gaze at the sky.

"
As a child, she used to gaze at the ever-changing clouds in the sky. She watched birds fly overhead and she wondered where they were going. She imagined lands of gold and silver, lands where nobody was poor or unhappy. She saw people laughing and talking, people shaking each other's hands and smiling at each other.

She wondered where she would live. She wanted to have a place amidst those happy people. But she wondered if there was a place for her there - if it existed at all.

Nonetheless, as a child, such a place was as real to her as her parents were. Everyone would welcome her, share their tea and bread with her and smile and laugh at her.

She remembers now.

Watching a blue sky dotted with white, she catches herself wondering again, dreaming.
She thinks she must find a place eventually, as everybody does. Everyone has their place.

Except, maybe, her.

A dozen places, more than dozens of people, and here she is, still thinking.

Wondering.

Dreaming.

© 2011 lrigD


Author's Note

lrigD
Recently found this, wrote it last July. As always, comments are appreciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

416 Views
Added on February 2, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011
Tags: dreaming, wondering, life, live, woman, future, end, girl, lady, dream, hope, travel, journey, clouds, sky

Author

lrigD
lrigD

Netherlands



Writing
Stay afloat Stay afloat

A Story by lrigD


I'm Not Dead Yet I'm Not Dead Yet

A Story by lrigD