On the Verge of Sanity

On the Verge of Sanity

A Story by whatmighthavebeenlost
"

Moments when I think I might lose it

"

There are moments when I stand on the verge of going insane. As if I stare through the world, straight into the nothingness. I feel it as an effervescing delirium rising from the roots within me slowly taking control over my whole spirit. As if I can turn inside out at any moment. Everything resonates with the spirit within me and frightens me as if I were left to die. Loneliness springs from this moment and drips trough the holes of my soul. Nothing feels real and the whole universe is compressed within the space I find myself in at these moments. It amplifies the loneliness of life and clears the thoughts on sanity. Something which happens to be our definition of being against which we should revolt. What does being insane have any less than being sane? For all I can imagine I would be a more complete, harmonious being if I were driven into the world of insanity and total dislocation. That is why I surrender to these moments and hope that once the effervescence will prevail over my sanity. Once I will have to surrender. And once I will.

© 2020 whatmighthavebeenlost


Author's Note

whatmighthavebeenlost
give me your thoughts

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

About your references to Spirits and Soul, Do you think if you were reincarnated from a past life, and your previous existence suffered from mental illness, would the insanity pass on to your new life?

Posted 3 Years Ago


whatmighthavebeenlost

3 Years Ago

If you'd believe in the idea of reincarnation i think that could be a way of looking at it if you ac.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 23, 2020
Last Updated on April 23, 2020
Tags: On, the, verge, of, sanity, philosophy, life

Author

whatmighthavebeenlost
whatmighthavebeenlost

Bruges, Sint-Andries, Belgium



About
... more..

Writing