Doncaster, sweet Doncaster

Doncaster, sweet Doncaster

A Chapter by Sophie

Twenty


Louis


After over a month of agony, we're back together. We leave for England tomorrow and I'm helping Ali do some major packing.

“Thank you for the piano.” She says, when we walk into her apartment.

“I wish I had seen your reaction.” I grin.

“No you don't.” She says quietly. I choose not to respond to that as we walk into her room. She opens a drawer in her dresser.

“So, how long will we be there? I have off work until the 27th.” She says, rifling though clothes.

“We'll be coming back late on the 26th.” I say.

“Perfect.” She says, getting a large, bright pink suitcase out of her closet. It even has sparkles. “Don't ask.” She laughs at the look I give it. She shoves clothes into it and runs to the bathroom and gets toiletries and shoves those in too. The kittens bound over and climb in, wanting to be packed too. To help pack, I open the top drawer, blush, and close it again, then open the second drawer and out more clothes in her suitcase.

“You'll probably want one fancy dress.” I say. She nods and turns to her closet, and pulls out a dress in a dress bag and folds it gently into the suitcase. Then she puts shoes in and other things.

“I think you're the fastest packer I've ever seen.” I grin. She laughs. We stand awkwardly a few fee away from each other.

“Ali, are you okay?” I say, stepping toward her, taking both of her hands.

“I'm fine, I'm okay.” I know she means she is now.

“Have you been okay?” I rephrase.

She hesitates, “Mostly.”

“I told you I'd always be there for you, and I broke my promise, I'll fix it.” I say and lift her chin up to kiss her.


I had already bought Ali's plane ticket just in case she said yes, so we settle down in our first class seats. Nikki is taking care of the cats for her.

“So this is what first class is like...” Ali says, looking around. She bends over to her carry on and pulls out a piece of gum. The flight is long, Ali and I play travel Yahtzee loudly and the business men around us give us dirty looks. I put the arm rest up and Ali falls asleep in my lap. I wake up when the captain announces our descent. Ali is practically bouncing in her seat as we touch down. We get off the plane and get our luggage. My mom greets us at the entrance, she hugs me.

“Mum, this is Ali, my girlfriend.” I smile, my arms around both of them. “Ali, this is my mum.”

“Call me Jay.” She smiles, shaking Ali's hand. We walk out into the snow covered town and get in Mum's car. It's around one o'clock in the morning so when we reach home, everyone's asleep.

“The girls are all in their rooms, I'm sleeping on the couch, you and Ali get my room. Now why don't you two get some sleep.” She smiles. We wheel our luggage into her room, change into pajamas, and quickly fall asleep, exhausted.


We wake up the next morning to the twins jumping on our bed.

“I'm up! I'm up!” I say, laughing. They run out of the room, laughing like mad. I throw the covers off and both Ali and I run for the bathroom, trying to see who can get there first. Ali gets in and closes the door, I hear her laughs from outside.

“You two are exactly the same.” Mum shakes her head, but smiles. I hear the toilet flush, the sink turn on, and Ali emerges, grinning triumphantly at the dance I'm doing. But she continues to block the doorway.

“Okay, that's not fair!” I say. I really have to pee.

“All is fair in love and war!” She giggles.

“Then which one is this?” I say, trying to move her out of the way, but she stands her ground. “I'm going to pee my pants, if you want to be known as the girlfriend of the grown man who peed his pants, then be my guest.” I laugh. She steps aside. I get out of the bathroom and everyone sits at the table. I take my seat next to Ali.

Mum's obviously already introduced Ali to the girls, Lottie, the 14 year old, Felicity, but we call her Fizz, the 11 year old, and the 7 year old twins, Daisy and Phoebe. Fizz sits on the other side of Ali, chattering endlessly to her.

“So, Ali, the girls and I were thinking we'd take you out on a shopping spree!” Mum says. Ali grins.

“Sounds like fun!” This can't be good. My mum, my sisters and now my girlfriend all going shopping? This should be fun...



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hahahhaha, you are very clever in this write. I love the dialogue, its priceless. A great piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I actually think there's a Business Class for business men, but other than that... I can't wait for the next chapter (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MORE

Posted 11 Years Ago


♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Oh I see. I guess I just envy ou for being more organized then me XD
Sophie

11 Years Ago

Oh god, I'm the least organized person I know! The schedule will fall apart in a week XD
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

ha ha ha!
i know how you feel!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 7, 2012
Last Updated on July 7, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie