Doctors. Yuck.

Doctors. Yuck.

A Chapter by Sophie

Twenty-three


Ali


It's good to be home. My horrid accidental accent is fading, Nikki didn't kill my kittens, and my milk isn't expired. This is the life. After the flight home, I'm exhausted, which is great because that will put me on a normal sleep schedule again.

I collapse into my bed after putting down my luggage. I kick off my Converse, not even bothering to change out of my jeans, and crawl under my comforter. In a minute I have two cats cuddling me and I fall asleep.

I dream of Louis and my mother and his mother and the locket, just swirling images with no real plot, unlike my other dreams.

Everyday I wake up and everyday it amazes me at what is happening to me. It amazes me that Louis loves me. It's amazing who loves me, that a famous person saw me and fell in love with me. That just doesn't happen in real life. And then I decide not to question it, because I like it too much.

I'm eating breakfast on the couch with Song sleeping peacefully in my lap when there's a knock at the door. Song gets up and stretches, acting as a guard cat, meowing at the noise. Still eating my cereal, I open the door. Harry stands there. I immediately back up and hold my spoon out like a weapon, it drips milk onto the carpet and Echo laps it up.

“I'm not here for that.” He says, looking down. His black eye is long gone, and everyone seems to have forgotten about it, people no longer ask where it came from.

“Okay, so what are you here for?” I ask, straightening up and taking another bite of cereal as I walk to the couch, he follows me and sits down, Echo clambers into his lap and kneeds at his leg with her tiny claws, purring.

“I just wanted to apologize, for... yeah.” He stutters, gently peeling Echo's claws out of him. “I'm sorry about what it caused, and I just wanted to say I'm really, really stupid.”

“Glad we're on the same page.” I laugh, joking. “So, how's Maicee?”

“You mean she didn't tell you? We've been going out since a little past your birthday.” He says, smiling to himself.

“Yeah... she didn't tell me.” I say, remembering our sort of conversation.

“Why not?” He asks, hurt, thinking it's because she didn't want to or something.

“Well, I told her what... happened and she said that everything was about me and that I was a s**t and then she hung up before I could explain. She won't answer any of my texts or anything.” I say, stroking Song who now curled up between us.

“What?” Harry gasps.

“Don't be mad at her! Please! I just don't think she understood what happened, maybe try explaining or something? Don't be mad at her, you two are so perfect.” I say quickly.

He nods. “So that's all I came over here for, see you later Ali-gator.” He says, walking out the door.

“Oh, that was bad.” I laugh. I'm glad we're friends again.


Zayn's going to throw a big New Year's Eve party at his very large flat. I'm going over to help the boys plan after a doctor's appointment which I'm dreading. I hate the doctor's office and hospitals. They're just... ugh. Filled with needles and blood. Two things I hate a lot. It's just a check up, but I'm due for shots or blood work or something, I'm not sure. Ugh.

My hands are sweaty as I grip the wheel at the thought of needles. I reach the doctor's and sit in the waiting room, looking longingly at the kids' waiting room, wishing they had toys in here. But no, only boring magazines for decorating your house or whatever.

They call me in and I sit in yet another waiting room for blood work. Great. Just freaking fantabulous. They call me into the room, and I grip the chair as they impale me with the needle, refusing to look.

“All done!” The nurse says cheerfully, putting one of those circular band-aids on. I miss being little and getting the Powerpuff Girls band-aids. Nope. I'm an adult.

Then I m directed by another nurse up to the room and she tells me the doctor will be in momentarily. So I lay down on the paper covered bed, because 'momentarily' in doctor speak is like... two hours.

About fifteen minutes later he walks in and does all the usual. He goes over the things my mom did to me, just to be sure nothing has changed. Every year I ask, every year is the same, there really is no chance I'll ever get pregnant. I'm not asking anymore. We're finishing up the check-up when there's a knock at the door, he opens it and a nurse waves him out. He closes the door and I sit there, swinging my legs, bored.

He walks back in, holding something.

“Ali, we have some news, but to be sure, we need you to use this.” He says slowly, and then hands me the box.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
hehehehehhehehehehehehehehehe
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing story so far! this fanfic is turning out great! :D And why the cliff hanger!!!!!!!!!! and the box? what kind of box is it? what's it for. why does ali need it? I'm seriously confused..... great chapter nonetheless!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ahh! MORE! NO CLIFF HANGER! CLIFF HANGER BAD!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I am very evil
Sophie

11 Years Ago

:P
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Then we will get along nicely >:) bwa ha ha!!
YAY!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 9, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Great Great

A Chapter by Sophie


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


The Snake The Snake

A Poem by Brooklyn