You Can't Say That

You Can't Say That

A Chapter by Sophie

Twenty-Six


Harry


I'm in the middle of sliding Maicee's panties off when my phone rings in Louis' signature ring tone.

“Don't answer it.” She begs.

“I have to, Mase, he's going through some rough times. I've never seen him like this.” I pick up the phone and answer it.

“Harry!” His voice sounds panicked. “Ali won't wake up! She won't wake up!” He's hysterical, screaming. “Why won't she wake up?” He sobs, barely understandable. I am immediately dressed and running down the stairs. I reach Ali's apartment and burst in the door. Louis stands, lost looking, holding a limp Ali in his arms, her arms dangling, the shirt of a teddy bear hooked onto one finger.

I call 911 and we stand in silence, staring at her still body.

“Is she cold?” I ask, my voice shaking.

“No, she's warm.” He says. “But her pulse is slow, so slow.” Tears drip onto her from his face that I once described as handsome and rugged, now he looks like a lost, kicked puppy. The ambulance arrives, and she is put in it, he rides with her and I go get Maicee.

“Shall we pick up where we left off?” She asks seductively. I can only look at her in disgust.

“Your best friend is dying.” I say flatly. She just shrugs and motions for me to come closer, I lean near her like I'm going to nibble her ear, but instead I whisper, “You're a b***h.” And walk out to my car to go to the hospital.


Louis


They wouldn't let me stay in the room with her while they worked on her. I sit in the waiting room with my head in my hands when Harry sits down beside me and rubs my back.

“She'll be okay, mate.” He says.

I look up at him through bleary eyes. “You can't say that. You cannot say that.”

“You're right, I can't, but I'm going to anyway.” He says. And I go to hug him, holding him tight and breaking down. My baby and the love of my life, both gone in a matter of a few days.

The doctor opens the door.

“You can see her now.” He says. We get up and walk in. She lays, her face peaceful, but still tear streaked. The blanket isn't covering her head, and the machine beeps ever so slowly, so she's not dead. I take her hand in both of mine, and fall on my knees next to bed. Her hand is now slightly cold, but she's always cold, being so thin.

“She's going to be okay.” The doctor says. “She overdosed on sleeping pills, by a lot. The dosage should have killed her, I don't know why it didn't. There's a few cases where people escape death when it seems impossible. She'll probably sleep for about a day because of the pills, but I promise she'll be fine.”

The doctor leaves. “Louis, what happened, why did you move out?” Harry asks me.

“She told me she didn't love me, that she wanted me to leave.” I say. “I came back because I left a few things at her place.”

“She was grieving, she didn't mean it.” Harry says. I shake my head, “You didn't see her eyes. So cold and flat.”


Her eyes flutter open, a starting a pale, pale grey, but I watch in amazement as they turn to deep blue.

“Louis?” She croaks.

“Yeah?”

“I'm sorry.” She says. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I squeeze her fingers.

“Where did you move to?” She asks.

“I bought a house. And I was wondering if you wanted to move in with me.” I say, hopeful.

“Yes! I'd love that.” She says. I lean in and kiss her deeply for a long time. Harry clears his throat. I give him the finger, but break apart anyway.

“Where's Maicee? What day is, does she have work?” Ali asks, looking around.

“Um...” Harry looks at me, he told me what happened.

“She needs to know.” I say.

Harry tells her the story. Ali just shrugs.

“You're not sad?” I ask.

“Of course I'm sad! But if she really didn't care about me, I don't care about her.”

“Well then, why don't we get you to your new home.” I smile and kiss her.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

love this. one thing, you said she wouldnt wake up for a day. is it the next day?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I did skip a line though, but I guess I could've said something like "The past day has been agonizin.. read more
luv2dream

11 Years Ago

yeah. thats the only thing though. oh and id finish this sooner than later so you can concentrate on.. read more
Sophie

11 Years Ago

I am, only like two more chapters to go
Harry, you can date me instead of Maicee...I'm nicer and I care about my friends

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

LOLOL
I'm glad the conflict was resolved, trust me, but it kinda seemed like, poof! all better! maybe it could have been slightly more drawn out? I don't know, good chapter, anyway.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I know it kinda seemed 'poof' but I don't really care on this story as much as the others, I'm prett.. read more
Amanda

11 Years Ago

Okay, okay :P
Sophie

11 Years Ago

:)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY ENDING!!!! YA YA YA YA YA!!!! XD XD XD XD XD XD wait is this the last chapter? Is it!? Or is some one else going to almost die?????!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Ok...ok good. I think I can stop holding my breathe now. :P
Sophie

11 Years Ago

XD
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

;P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie