The Beginning

The Beginning

A Chapter by Sophie

The Beginning


All stories have a beginning, don't they? All stories start with a 'chapter 1', if they're one of the stories lucky enough to be written down, at least. But see, my story isn't like that. My story isn't a fairytale, though it is a love story. I don't have a definitive start to it. I guess it started when I emerged from my mother's vagina screaming in fear, and when Quin did the same, but his mother's vagina. Or stomach, whatever, he was a c-section baby.

See I know that, but there isn't a beginning to that story when he told it to me either. His parents had sex and his two sets of grandparents had sex and their parents had sex and it's just a never ending cycle of sex really. All the way back to before humans and before earth and even before the big bang because there is no nothing something existed before our universe did, but I'm not going to get into that s**t.

Don't get the wrong idea. This story is not going to be a never ending cycle of sex. This is a story of never ending love, I suppose.

But if you need a true beginning to comprehend what I have to tell you, here you go:


It 'began' in physics class. It was the end of the world, December 21st, 2012. Except the world decided to take a giant s**t on my plans and not end. Like what the hell, I was so pissed I now officially had to start the three essays I had over Christmas break. I'd given a full year plus to this fricking school and I had gotten no sympathy. I wondered how the seniors felt, I was only a sophomore.

But I can't even express to you how incredibly just done I was with the school right then. I was always shy, I was always quiet and invisible and right at that instant I was just done. I watched as the rain poured down outside, it was literally flooding the driveway, giving slight hope to the end of the world.

I stood up. Mr. Davidson stopped teaching (or ranting about fishing, whatever you want to call it.)

“I have to go.” I said. I sounded choked.

“Are you sick?”

“No.”

“Then why do you have to go?”

“I-I don't know. I need to.” I said. The entire class was staring at me. They all knew I talked but never out in class for no reason.

“Sit down Elizabeth.”

“Beth, and no. I have to go. I'll be back, hold on.” I said, still sounding choked and feeling... not so much far away, but just on the other side of the windows. I walked out of the classroom, Mr. Davidson looked stunned, and once I got into the hallway I started running. I reached the entrance of the school and pushed out the doors. I didn't care in that moment for the first time what anyone thought of me, all I wanted was to dance in the pouring rain because apparently that usually makes your life five times better for some unknown reason. I didn't care that was still had another block left in the day and my hair would look like s**t.

Stepping into the rain was the best feeling. I was instantly soaked. My dress and cardigan clung to my skin (it was unnaturally warm for December, like 50 degrees) and my hair was plastered to my scalp within a minute. I think I might have cried, I'm not sure. I just stood there for a moment, then my hand was in someone's, and we were dancing. I remember being too happy to look at him, but my life was changing before my eyes and the identity of the boy who was a component in it's alteration was irrelevant. I also remember hearing countless people talking, they had all opened the windows to see what the hell we were doing.

Then I finally realized who he was. Quin Brier. Quin Brier who played basketball and baseball and was honestly really too tall for me. Quin Brier who was the sweetest popular boy I'd ever met. Quin Brier who I'd admired for a long, long time. The Quin Brier who was now slow dancing with me in the pouring rain in front of at least half of the school. Our dancing didn't falter, but he realized I had come down from my high. My lips were slightly parted and my eyes turned up, looking into his. Rain dripped from my lips and from his nose and his eyes shifted down to my lips quickly, then back up to my eyes. We had stopped dancing and everyone watching from the windows was silent.

“Hi.” He whispered.

“Hi.” I answered, my voice small and shaking.

“I'm going to kiss you now.” He informed me.

“You do that.” I nodded. His fingers lifted up and moved a strand of soaking hair from my forehead, before trailing down my cheek, running over my lips, and then resting under my chin. I went on my tiptoes as he leaned down, because I knew I was too short. He turned his head and I turned mine to match and then his lips were moving against mine and rain was falling down onto both of us and you could probably have seen my underwear through the fabric of the dress and I didn't even care right then. It was like we were puzzle pieces, our lips just fit and my fingers, which he was holding up on either side of us, fit between his perfectly. Finally, we broke apart. I heard audible sighing from the girls and the very distinct sound of two of my best friends screaming.

The intercom beeped, you can hear it from outside. “Would Quin Brier and Elizabeth Fray please come to the principal's office? Thank you.”


“You're dripping on the carpet of my office.” Mrs. Bean said.

“Yeah, it's kind of rainy.” I said.


We got detention. Not just any kind of detention, during school detention. I'm pretty sure it's just our school that does it, but basically you sit facing the class just staring at them and you get a zero for whatever you're doing that day. The class was taking a test, all you could here was the scratching of pens and pencils and the constant drip from me and Quin's clothing onto the tile floor. I squeezed out my hair and everyone looked up. The teacher glared, but went back to grading whatever. Or playing online Scrabble. Who knows. Then I wrung out my dress and poured the water out of my leather ankle boots. Quin laughed at me but not in a mean way. His hair was already dry, because he had a considerable amount less than me. My hair is really long, blonde, and wavy. Not to mention thick and absorbent. When the bell finally rang, signaling the and of the day, I got up quickly and grabbed my bag.

“Hey, Beth, wait!” Quin called, catching up to me.

“Yeah?” I said, slowing down.

“So about that whole thing...” He started. My mind went on a rampage consisting of the following thoughts:

What if he thought it was someone else? Or he filmed it for acting class or something and they wanted me to look natural so they didn't tell me. Or what if he doesn't like me and one of my friends told him I liked him oh god. Am I breathing? Nope, don't think so.

And then as his lips met mine for the second time in under an hour and a half I thought: Yup, definitely not breathing right now.


So, my readers, this is how our story started, with the end of the world, rain, a kiss, detention, and then a second kiss. Though, I still stick to my opening statement, that there is no definitive opening to a love story the stars could envy, it was either predetermined by some unknown being, or brought to life by the feeling that I should dance in the pouring rain, or somewhere in between.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please! The End is next :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing, like always. Gonna read the end now, most likely it will be even better!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very great start!!! Reading on! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! This was a really good start! (-:
Love all your descriptions! Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this, this is kind of how I'd start my stories when I seriously didn't know how to start it, I'd tell the readers right away, which made me interested because this was different.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 29, 2012
Last Updated on December 29, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brave Brave

A Poem by Anna


Remember Me Remember Me

A Poem by Sophie


I Know I Know

A Poem by Sophie