A half-surprise Birthday party?

A half-surprise Birthday party?

A Chapter by Sophie

Ten


Louis


We're sat down at a table and we all look at the drink menus because it's a buffet.

“Damn drinking age.” Niall mutters under his breath. Zayn laughs next to him. The waitress comes back and we order our drinks, then get up and go the buffet table. I get my food and a little dish of a really spicy red sauce and go back to the table. Harry went back up, because he forgot a roll and butter, and I take a big, heaping spoonful of the sauce and mix it into his fried rice, and then another. Then I start eating like nothing happened, while on my right, Ali tries to cover her laughter.

Harry sits back down and starts on his egg roll, while I start on my chicken. Then he reaches for a bite of rice, he puts it in his mouth, and after a second, his eyes widen bigger than they do when he gets flashed on stage and he screams as quietly as a person can scream. I clutch my stomach in laughter as he wipes his tongue with a napkin and guzzles down his water and Pepsi, then Zayn's. Finally, Ali takes pity on him and hands him a piece of bread, he puts it in his mouth, chews, swallows, and breathes a sigh of relief.

“Thanks, Als. Now who did that?” He asks. I innocently eat my food, “Hm? Did something happen?” I ask.

“Did you poison my rice, Louis?”

“Maybe.” I smile.

“Bugger.” He mumbles.

“Love you too, Haz.” We talk and eat and then dessert comes (Ali and I share a bowl of ice cream.)

“So, Maicee is planning a half- surprise birthday party for me in three weeks, Maicee, likes to party, I'm scared.” She laughs.

“Wait, your birthday is in three weeks?”

“Yeah, November 6th. It's not a big deal.” She says, obviously mentally reprimanding herself for mentioning it.

“You're turning twenty! Of course it's a big deal!” I say.

“Gee, Louis, that's not how you felt when we had an audience sing Happy Birthday when you turned twenty.” Liam says.

“Shut it.” I say, laughing.

“So when's the party?” Niall asks.

“The day after my birthday.” Ali answers.

“What's Maicee's number so we can get the details?” Harry asks, I chuckle, but don't out his plan. Ali gives him the number and Zayn asks, “What's a half surprise party?”

“Well, I know about the party, but that's it, I don't know what we're going to be doing, where it is, anything.” She says, sighing at the end. “It worries me, Maicee's a heavy partier.”

“I'm sure you'll live.” I say, putting my arm around her a twirling a lock of her hair around my finger. After paying, we leave and drive back home.

“I'm so full...” Ali groans when we reach the door.

“No! Don't do that!” I tease, opening her door for her. She pretends she has to waddle and collapses on the couch. I follow her inside and sit next to her, after a minute she sits up.

“You know what I haven't done since... Well, since I don't know when?”


A half an hour later we're sitting on the floor arguing over whether the word I put down for Scrabble was a word or not.

“That is not how you spell organize! It has a 'z' not an 's'!” She says.

“Maybe in America, but in England it's not. And you just don't want to admit to my extra fifty points for using all my letters.”

“Yeah, well, you're in America, you have to play by the United Scrabble Laws of America.” She says, crossing her arms, ignoring the truth of what I said.

“That doesn't exist.” I say, leaning across the board to kiss her, but I sneak a peek at her letters.

“Hey!” She yells and throws one at me. I throw one back and soon we're having a Scrabble letter war, chucking letters at each other and laughing. I grab the bag of letters and lean over like I'm going to kiss her again, instead, I grin and dump the bag on her head.

“Oh, it's on.” She whispers, giving me a quick kiss and then grabbing handfuls of letters and throwing them at me. I counter attack. This continues for while, but soon we end up just kissing in the middle of a huge mess of letters.

We actually end up falling asleep like that, on the floor, the game board next to us, letters surrounding us, her head on my chest.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!
Man i wish people actually did this, it's adorable c:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job, i mean its really good

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SCRABBLE WAR! *throws letters at the next person to comment*

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They have wayyy to much fun haha. Perfect life...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Sophie,
Reading all about love and this ideal relationship and all the time they are spending together, a stupid question popped into my head. Does Allie have a job?? Apart from that, the way you writ their relationship is fun.
Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its sooooo cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww!! So cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

IKR? I love it! Its sooooo cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay! Lou/Ali love! and what the heck sophie you made me want chinese :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2012
Last Updated on July 1, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..