An Ugly Word and a Beautiful One

An Ugly Word and a Beautiful One

A Chapter by Sophie

Nineteen


Ali


He's avoiding me. My perfect romance just had to end, everything perfect ends. He won't talk to me, whenever we see each other, he won't talk, and I can't, or I think I might cry, and we just walk away. He thinks I'm tainted or something, I'm not his anymore. What if he thinks I like Harry better?

When I opened my door after the party and saw the beautiful piano in place of my keyboard I broke down crying. The huge purple ribbon bow had smiley faces on it. So Louis. I sat down and managed to play through my tears. It was tuned and everything, so expensive... It sounds beautiful, and I play everyday, hoping he'll hear the mournful songs I play, and know that I miss him.

Maicee told me she and Harry went on a date, and I told her what happened:

“Maicee, Harry kissed me.”

“What? Why?”

“I don't know, he just did, I just thought you should know.”

“My god, Ali, is everything about you? You couldn't keep your s****y hands off him?! I told you I liked him! You're awful.” She screamed at me through the phone.

“No! Maicee! Not what happened!” I managed to choke through the sobs that erupted from me at that ugly word: s**t. S**t. S**t.

“Just shut up, Ali. You couldn't think about me for one second. Just shut up.” And the line went dead.

I've relapsed a little, I don;t cut often, I was never a pain person, so I just don't eat as much as I probably should. I fall asleep every night and instead of being cuddled by my boyfriend, I cuddle two kittens who are tangled on top of each other, trying to get as close to me as possible.

I miss him.


Thanksgiving


My phone buzzes next to me, from my cousin on my Dad's side, we stayed close even after his death.

You coming tonight?

No, sorry.

Oh, going to your mom's?

Nope, she's an a*s, remember?

Always ;) I laugh at that, my mom wasn't very nice even when my dad was alive.

I wonder what Louis' doing today, it seems weird to not celebrate Thanksgiving. But that's me this year.


December 20th


I still have Louis' Christmas/ birthday present, it must be so inconvenient to be born on Christmas Eve. I bought it a while ago, it was just perfect and I couldn't resist. It was a little toy, striped Lamborghini. I just new it was perfection and I had to get it. I knew it wasn't really much, so I also got him a Dunkin' Donuts gift card, where he still hadn't been. And I found a carrot picture frame.

I'm wrapping the present after a late dinner, when I hear the music. Echo isn't playing the piano like usual, while Song tries to pull her down by the tail, my iPod is dead and not even plugged into anything. My ring tone isn't a piano, and it's on vibrate anyway. I realize it's coming from outside. I open my window and and a few snowflakes flurry in.

I look down and in the parking lot below me is a black baby grand piano, and at it, sits Louis, playing the intro to the Christmas song I always sing.

Then he starts singing for me.


When the leaves turn brown

and they cover this lonely town

then I miss your kiss

when the leaves turn brown


when the snow comes down

and it covers this lonely town

then I miss your kiss

when the snow comes down


On Christmas evenings like this

I wonder if its me you'll miss

When Christmas carols fill every space

And I think of your hands

warm on my face


When the tree comes down

I'm sweeping needles up from the ground,

then I miss your kiss

on a Christmas night like this

on a Christmas night like this

on a Christmas night like this


“Ali, please take me back. I screwed up, I know, but I miss you. Please.” He says. The piano is getting snow on it, and his hair, it's sticking in his eyelashes. I turn around and run out my door, still barefoot, and run through the snow to him. In the minute I wasn't watching the snow, it picked up instead of just sprinkling, its really snowing.

I reach him, and before he can say anything more I go on my numb tiptoes and kiss him softly.

“I thought you were avoiding me.” I say.

“I thought you were afraid of me.” He whispers.

“I told you she wasn't afraid!” Harry says, and I finally notice that the rest of the band were back up singers.

“Ali, can I have some eggs?” Niall pleads.

“Not the most important question though.” Louis adds. “Do you want to come to England with me for Christmas?”

As a yes, I kiss him again.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Well. That problem didn't seem to last long.
I really need to work on that. Well, in terms of time it did, but in terms of chapters? Less so.
Reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yeah that was an interesting problem. I thought you were gonna include the part where Louis found out about the kiss, but I guess that really doesn't matter.
Everyone has their rough patches, I would've been surprised if Ali and Louis didn't go through any trouble.
I also thought you would italicize the beautiful word like you did for the ugly one, but I guess in a way, it's better not italicized.
Problem solved, wonder how perfect Christmas will be...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeah that was an interesting problem. I thought you were gonna include the part where Louis found out about the kiss, but I guess that really doesn't matter.
Everyone has their rough patches, I would've been surprised if Ali and Louis didn't go through any trouble.
I also thought you would italicize the beautiful word like you did for the ugly one, but I guess in a way, it's better not italicized.
Problem solved, wonder how perfect Christmas will be...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow!!! Great job!! Cannot wait!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I hope your going to get some british diction when they got to England ;) hahhaa, but once again the dialogue is very solid, and its amazing that you are pulling people in to a one direction fan fiction! Great job soph

Posted 11 Years Ago


Maybe I should disappear more often if you write this many chapters

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

England? Oh boy.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I'm really getting into this now.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yeah, this is too perfect. Something's gotta happen in England! DRAMA!!! ME NEED IT NOW! :P Great chapter, though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

441 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie