Full Moon

Full Moon

A Story by Mary
"

something i wrote during one of my writing classes, i tweaked it a bit:)

"

It all started on the 31st of December, a full moon. It was New Years Eve, and my best friend and I were on out way to the party of the year. My feet throbbed in my new black heels but I didn’t care because we were only three blocks away. My curly brown hair that I had spent hours on was being ruined by the blistering winds.

 

That’s when I heard it, the howl from right behind us. The sound was like no other, it brought tears to my eyes with the primal hunger it radiated.  Fear glued my feet to the sidewalk. I hadn’t realized what was happening until I heard Molly scream. Her high pitched wail broke my trance and I spun around to look at our pursuer.

 

The sight of the massive beast took all the air from my lungs. I could not take it all in and I let my eyes rest on its black ones. Its eyes held only pure evil, but it was not just a beast that I saw but a mind too. I could tell just by looking into its eyes that the intelligence behind them would not let me escape alive.

 

It was something out of my worst nightmares. Large and fury, and it giving off a smell that made me sick. But what made it all the more horrible was that it only sat there. Starring into my terrified brown eyes, not moving a muscle. I felt its sickly breath on my pale skin and I knew that I was going to die. Not in all of my sixteen years had I ever been this scared. My brain told me to run but my body was not responding.

 

I vaguely noticed Molly; she was a giant lump on the side walk. I guessed she just couldn’t handle the shock. Not that I blamed her, I was about to join her when I saw a blur of color. Like magic a hooded figure wielding a giant sword appeared next to me. They shoved me behind then, putting themselves in front of the monster.

 

                ***

 

That guy with the sword saved my life that night. The only thing I regret besides getting attack is not thanking him for saving me. I didn’t get the chance because as soon as he pierced the heart of the beast he disappeared along with the corpse. Leaving me sobbing on the ground holding Molly.

 

 

Needless to say, I never made it to that party. A cop found us and took us to the police station. They never bought my crazy story, and most like to pretend it never happened, like Molly. But I Elizabeth Rosen will never forget, and someday I will find my mystery savior and thank him. But until then I vow to never go out on a full moon again.

© 2010 Mary


Author's Note

Mary
can you tell it is a werewolf? cause my friends couldn't tell, well tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nope Can't tell. And im not a friend either WOOPEE. Good Story let's seee more of them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I could totally tell it was a werewolf. The title in itself suggested that there was a werewolf in the story! It was fabulous, I wish it had more to it though. -- XOXO Megg

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! This sounds like a really good story. You have a really interesting plotline and I like the description you used. I spotted a couple of grammatical errors and I do feel as if it got almost too vague around where this mysterious figure stepped in. I could definitely see this being expanded into a longer story where that gets cleared up, although as the previous reviewer James Watts said, it's fine as it is. Personally, I was thinking it was something along the lines of a werewolf, but I don't think I was quite there. Looking back on it, I probably should have been able to figure it out based on the full moon reference. If I'd taken more time to consider it, I probably would have. Overall, though, I enjoyed your story. I think the flow works really well and the description was great. ^^

Posted 14 Years Ago


THANK YOU for not making werewolves into something romantic, that crap makes me want to puke. I love the mystery behind the guy who saved Elizabeth, but that might just be because i want to be a superhero. The final word: its really good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is not too shabby. A little polish, doesn't need much at all, and viola. I think it would be an interesting piece to expand on. As is, it stands just fine, but I could see this as a longer work too. Nice work and I hope got high marks on it. The prof. would be a dolt not to notice its potential and the quality with which you wove this tale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very nice :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, I could tell it was a werewolf. Nice interesting write. I enjoyed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


well something of that sort, both have disappeared, leaving no trace, no sign, it maybe a werewolf, but to only find that out is, were you scratched from your pursuer? or it may have escaped from a portal, another dimension, eluding the man with the sword, for all we know, they both may have fallen back through the open door they came from... well that's my opinion :)
A very great detailed story, thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very nice!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Mary
Mary

Canton, OH



Writing
Angel Movements Angel Movements

A Poem by Mary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Mary


Sound Sound

A Poem by Mary


My Friend My Friend

A Poem by Mary


Day Dreaming Day Dreaming

A Poem by Mary