DREAMS

DREAMS

A Story by luviva
"

https://www.justgiving.com/send-me-to-Bolivia

"
We all have dreams,, no matter the age, country, level of education, race or gender. I am one of those people with a dream. And just like anybody else with a dream, i hold onto it so protectively knowing its mine at a some point in time i will achieve it. So to you my fellow writers and anybody out there with a dream, hold on don't let go just yet. For it might seem unrealistic now, but years from now you will be testifying.
My dream is to bring a smile to someone's face, a smile that will never fade and inspire the person to bring a smile to someone else's face too, creating a cycle of happiness and humanity in the world. One of the ways of achieving this is by creating a charity working with orphaned kids in Africa and Asia due to natural disasters providing a shelter, care and listening ears in order for them to tell their stories. This Idea is still alive in my mindset and only exists in reality as a Facebook page but i can see its future very clearly in my mind's eye.
I got a chance to be one of the selected volunteers going to BOLIVIA on the ICS TEARFUND placement. This offers me a chance to start on my dream earlier than expected and I am excited to be a part of it. This summer I will be heading to BOLIVIA as a part of a team consisting of UK volunteers and incountry volunteers working together to achieve a common goal. TEARFUND a charity i will be volunteering with patterned up with a local charity PATSIDA to help raise awareness of HIV/AIDS in SUCRE the capital of BOLIVIA and help reduce on the stigma attached to the disease allowing people to seek medical attention without fear of being isolated from society. 
In order to take part, I have to fundraise £800 which helps the charity to continue providing these services to people. This money raised does not in any way go towards the funding of my placement as it is fully funded by the UK government under the Department Of International Development. So this is the reason for my failed attempt at writing stories because we all know i am bad a it. I will be grateful for any donation at all as it does not matter what country you are in as long as you have a bank card. Do not worry about the safety of your bank details as they are completely safe with justgiving and they would never be passed on to any third party. Furthermore, this is a one off donation and you will not be bugged by constant requests to donate.
For further information, 
http://www.patsida.org/  _ the local charity working with tearfund
http://www.tearfund.org/  _ the charity i will be volunteering with
http://www.tearfundjourneys.org/ _ for all the stories of how transformed volunteers' lives have been.
https://www.justgiving.com/send-me-to-Bolivia  _ MY fundraising page.

© 2015 luviva


Author's Note

luviva
please people, this is a serious write about serious issues. I will be grateful for any donation and if unable to donate, please share the link, pray for all the people out there serving human kind.
Thank you so much.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I do not know who told you that you could not write but, here you were able to present to your readers a very compelling story. I can see that there is a need and that you are in need of funds. I put aside a firm amount of dollars every year that my wife allocates for me/or us. I will present this request to her as well as share your link, luviva.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

luviva

8 Years Ago

That's so very kind of you Perkele.7885,
thank you for believing in me.
Joan



Reviews

I like the positive message in this story.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I do not know who told you that you could not write but, here you were able to present to your readers a very compelling story. I can see that there is a need and that you are in need of funds. I put aside a firm amount of dollars every year that my wife allocates for me/or us. I will present this request to her as well as share your link, luviva.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

luviva

8 Years Ago

That's so very kind of you Perkele.7885,
thank you for believing in me.
Joan

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 18, 2015
Last Updated on May 18, 2015
Tags: charity, donations, giving, helping, volunteering, BOLIVIA, HIV/AIDS, PATSIDA, TEARFUND, ICS

Author

luviva
luviva

KENT, Gillingham , United Kingdom



About
I am me... but further more, I am fundraising for TEARFUND a christian charity organisation working with local churches in deprived areas to create everlasting change. TEARFUND has patterned with .. more..

Writing