Growing Pains

Growing Pains

A Poem by Linda Stinson
"

It seemed to me that I woke up one morning and my life changed. Not that it changed physically, it was as if the air was different, The thoughts I thought couldn't be thought like that anymore.

"

 

I think I'm beginning to get the concept of the seasons of one's life.

Or...

It's possible I'm at a crossroad of life.

I know...

All things are different now. They must be viewed different also.

I will...

Live each day to the fullest and trust God to do what He has always done best.

And that is...

LOVE ME.

© 2009 Linda Stinson


Author's Note

Linda Stinson
A little something when your world is rocked.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I had a feeling like this when I had my son last February. Although I'm not religious, it did seem like suddenly all the mediocre things I used to worry about were simply that, mediocre.

Having lost a family member only a few weeks ago, I'm now of the mind that life is way too short and to enjoy what ever is thrown my way.

I like this. Simple and something for those who might need a bit of inspiring during hard times.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very beautiful and medicinal. I loved the way you channeled your "rocked world," into something so positive. The best way to heal is to do so. This piece was brief,however, it carried so much weigh to it. It was very inspirational as well. If we all would sit down and use the obstacles in life to our advantage, then we would have a lot less angry and DEPRESSED souls. Excellent read! Thanks for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ah thats cute x0x0x see ya lata chic

Posted 14 Years Ago


Even though I am not religious, I can't help but love this poem!
It's very inspiring, and it picks you up when you're having a bad day, or some hard times.
I really like optimistic poems, because they help you stay positive.
Great job; very nicely penned.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I so agree. There are just days when we wake up and find out that things seem different. It's like something has changed. It feels so refreshing. It's like a new beginning of something we cannot just name. Perhaps, we are looking at things from a different perspective. And, so we get a fresh and wonderful view for a sight. I guess, you're right. We just have to love ourselves to feel that same feeling everyday. This is just beautiful!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Ah, this is a nice little write.
Great work!
-Elissa

Posted 15 Years Ago


That's all you can do: love and trust God.

Remember, sometimes you get knocked on your back so you can finally see which way is up.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is really optimistic, and I think that everyone should have this printed and kept somewhere around the house for the bad days...It's so refreshing to see a poem that lifts the angst from a heart instead of one that leaves the reader dark and brooding. This is a really great poem, and really drives the message of loving oneself home.

Posted 15 Years Ago


All we can do is trust, and then chose, and hope He guides our choices...

Posted 15 Years Ago


very profound my friend... inner love is the key to loving others and God... the thing bout life is ... you may have different ones all rolled into one during different phases of your life, it what you do with those opportunities that matter.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i've felt the impact of those life changing moments and am sure to experience many more. It's funny how in one single instant, in one day, or hour, or minute.. your world rocks and everything is displaced. When we see things different we reformulate life.

awesome expression of this and how to get through it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1085 Views
23 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 30, 2009
Last Updated on March 27, 2009

Author

Linda Stinson
Linda Stinson

Paris, TX



About
At one time I read alot of books or at least thought I did. One day an overwhelming desire sparked in the that I should write. I developed a long term goal; to write. The way I see it, someone will ne.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..