Truth.

Truth.

A Story by Lyndsay Clelland
"

A short descriptive piece about love and fear.

"
I sat bow-legged on the bed, consuming his whole body with my eyes. I did not touch him, apprehensive to claim any ownership of him, to fully acknowledge he was mine. I was still as the breeze, not because of the reason I told myself - I did not want to wake him-, but through fear. Afraid to move, petrified to do anything that may disturb this scene, cause this reality to crack and fall away to what it had felt like all along - a dream. Suddenly, he stirred, as if he could sense my presence. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked at me with sleepy confusion at first, but a grin spread across his face and his eyes filled with the realisation of our actions. “Why are you up?” he enquired, a tinge of laughter in his voice. I wanted to say everything I was feeling, I could feel the words coming up in a never-ending stream, but instead my brain stopped the words from emerging and I just shrugged nonchalantly. Before I could try to speak again, he grasped my hand and pulled me down next to him, pulling me back into the safe cocoon of our togetherness. “You feel tense…”, he whispered, “what’s up?” Again, I could feel the river of words, but I only managed one. “You.” I replied, instantly regretting it.  He moved away from me, ever so slightly, but I could feel it, the atmosphere between us had changed and it had all been my doing. Maybe, in my anxiousness to preserve our blissful existence, I would become it’s undoing. “Why?”, he asked gently, his deep voice calm and understanding, always the lullaby to my woes. Inside, I breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that now the truth would not be our unravelling, but would be what brought us back together, what would stich back together the tears in the fabric of our relationship. “I…just can’t believe I’m here " with you. You’re perfect and I’m not, you’re everything I could’ve wanted and more, and I’m scared that it’ll just…disappear. Like it was never real at all.” He stared at me intently, and for a moment I was completely transfixed, lost in the deep sea blue of his eyes. His words were little, but enough to soothe me, and set off the fire inside me that always burned when he spilled his emotions on to me, from the bottle which was usually so tightly shut. “ I will never disappear. Don’t think that, because if I lost you…I don’t know-” I threw my arms around him before he could finish, hoping that I would never have to let go.

© 2012 Lyndsay Clelland


Author's Note

Lyndsay Clelland
just looking for comments/critique to improve :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the feel in the room you paint the picture well. I need notice a grammatical error in the spelling of realization. Also "set off the fire..." is what i believe you meant. Curious about bow-legged? Depending on what your insinuating there, when I started to read I was really leaning toward it being a newborn child. Obviously when he spoke that went out the window. I really enjoyed reading this. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012
Tags: love, fear, romance, relationships, afraid, truth

Author

Lyndsay Clelland
Lyndsay Clelland

United Kingdom