Religion And Us

Religion And Us

A Story by Mohsin
"

What religious extremists do in Pakistan

"
I am regular traveler of public transport in Karachi,Once I was in a hurry and driver was driving very slow it was very frustrating but, i was trying to keep calm!Suddenly he stopped the bus on the road side and got off! I asked the driver what happened? he said it is a prayer time! I am going to pray we will move after some time now i was left speechless and said your God, your religion your pray it is your problem not mine? why  should I wait ? your pray is affecting me! without wasting a minute he declared me Kafir in fact he said I should be killed because I abused Islam, when I realized  he can kill me for that I immediately kept quite he prayed and after some time we moved on!
This incident made me realize that how religious extremist our society are, Talibans so called (Shariah) already lies in our country and most of the people are following it they can kill any where any time any one on the name of Islam, I realized we can not solve this problem only with war we should think about something else we were moving bus was full off passengers there was no more space suddenly Bus conductor came he opened the gate of ladies portion and asked gents to stand there, I got a chance and asked that conductor i am late because you were praying I should be killed because I am Abusing Islam , so now whats your punishment as you are not following your religion, he asked what he did? I said you are allowing men in ladies portion he smiled and said it is my bus, my religion, my God I can do anything which I want to do who are  you to ask me?
while studying in the university I was sitting with one of my class mate she is a female we were discussing our assignment suddenly some students of a religious organization came and ordered not to sit with females as it is UN Islamic and you know what? That same people that I saw was sitting with females in library when I asked they said Mind your own business.
I was praying in Mosque suddenly a man came and said you are an idiot I asked why? he said you are wearing a printed shirt and God don't like it Go and change it I wanted to ask is this a way of talk that God likes but, I remained silent!
on every step of my life I daily find many people who try to dominate other people on the name of Islam, here I am not writing about the speeches that  our religious priests says in mosques that's an other blunder, why this all happening in our Society? Whats the reason behind ?on most important religious occasions when i listen to religious priests I get shocked instead of telling good things about Islam they still Brainwash over people I am amazed without studying political science or International relations how some one can say that Americans and west are our enemies, the whole matter of their speeches revolves around so called Jehad, they says women's should not be allowed to go universities and schools what happens when people listen to them? they just make perceptions and that perceptions are destroying our country, apart from Madrasas and Mosques in the Government universities of Pakistan no one can breathe freely there is a student federation on the name of Islam that will stop you by doing anything which is not according to there so called shariah.
who the hell some is to tell me whats Islamic or whats not? it is my life my religion my God,My country and my choice! But no! freedom is not my right! because I born in Islamic Republic of Pakistan where any one is religious scholar any one will interfere in my life any one will force me on the name of Islam.
its hilarious still people debate that co education is Islamic or not? students should use computers or not? love marriages are Islamic or not? Children should take polio vaccination or not? Husband should ask first wife before getting married second time or not? why this all happens? why people kills each other on the name of Islam? its because our elders our text books,our teachers our Mulas! they all teach that religion is the problem of society you can interfere in anyone's life if you find something UN Islamic, society,culture allows you to kill some one if he is doing something UN Islamic, and this scary business is still going on production of Taliban's.
Guns, weapons, wars are the failure of human beings but, what to do when you fail? The only option you left is the war that's what States do when they left with no option!
Terrorism, militancy, insurgency can only be finished by war, negotiations can delay the war process but, its not a solution so if you want peace you have to do war but, before war Government should stop Production of Taliban's Government should kill this extremist thought and it is is possible only by changing the text books, syllabus, course and way of thinking of our upcoming generation, else idiots will teach you whats Islamic or whats not?
Note: If a muslin is extremist you can blame a Muslim not Islam, Islam is the Most beautiful and peaceful religion its Muslims who are not following it.
M.Mohsin Shahbaz

© 2014 Mohsin


Author's Note

Mohsin
i am a beginner and its my real life experience i really need your comments to improve my self

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very stereotype approach. All the people you have met are not aware of Islamic teaching. Don't confuse them with practicing Muslims.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mohsin

10 Years Ago

you are right practicing Muslims are not like that but those people are very few

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 7, 2014
Last Updated on April 7, 2014
Tags: Pakistan, Islam, Travel, Religion, Behaviour

Author

Mohsin
Mohsin

karachi, Pakistan



About
in search of destiny . more..

Writing