How God has impacted my life

How God has impacted my life

A Story by Miles W.
"

My essay for a Christian college I am applying to that I hoped some people would give me feedback on

"

God is everywhere.  In every circumstance, no matter what is happening in your life, he is there to guide you to help you realize who you are and what he plans you to be.  Not like he controls us or anything like that, but rather is like a guiding hand helping us reach the future that he knows is best for us.  Each and every thing he does is done for the best of us in mind.  While he helps us find the bright parts of life, he is also there to console us during the hardest parts of our lives.  One such thing happened to me back in my junior year of high school.  I was still a bit naïve about life, thinking that everything was just going to plop right into my lap the way I wanted it to.  Then I started to have feelings for a wonderful girl who loved the Lord with all her heart, and had a smile that showed that she cared about each and every person.  I decided to take my time trying to get to know her better before trying to ask her out on a date.  And for about a month or so, it seemed like it was going to play out the way I thought it was.  I thought that everything was roses, until I found out that she already had somebody she cared about and was dating.  I couldn’t believe it.  I thought that it was impossible for something like this to happen to me.  I thought that everything was supposed to play out in my favor in life.  No matter what it was.  Like I was a superhero or something.  When I got home the night I just found out the truth, I was sitting on my bed, wallowing in my self-pity, thinking that life was not fair, that it was all a lie, anything I could say to make myself feel like it would be okay.  Then something happened that I can’t entirely describe.  I felt like there was a hand on my shoulder, or maybe even my heart.  I looked around, but there was nobody in my room.  The door was closed, and I was nowhere near it.  I still felt it, like a presence in a room that you can feel.  I got up, and went over and grabbed my Bible, and started reading some of the letters the apostle Paul wrote, talking about what we, as Christians should do with the world God has given us.  It was then that I realized that I can’t just sit here and think that life will land right in my lap the way I want it to.  I have to not just think that life will be okay and turn out the way I want it, but I also have to act and listen to God’s guidance to make it what I want it to be.  I can’t hide in my ideas of a world that goes round the way it does in a story.  I have to accept the world as it is, through its ups and downs, light and dark spots, and always remember, that God is always there, reminding each and every one of us that he wants what’s best for you, and you can get there if you trust him.

© 2020 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
It is a college essay, and it's a step away from what I usually write, so please let me know what you think of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An excellently written essay. I really like the topic, it is quite interesting. Although I am an atheist, it was very interesting for me to read your essay and how much God influenced your life.

Posted 2 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Leo
I enjoyed reading your heartfelt essay and typically I enjoy soul or religious reads whether poems, prose, or stories. It also reminded me that when I was in college that I too used to think I was some kind of a superhero and it's all about me. After graduation, I was in shock. Anyway, that was well over 15 years ago, and a learning lesson. Your story got me reflecting and I praised God after reading it, so bblessed.
Note: you might want to consider the 9th line where it reads he but is supposed to be "she" if I'm not mistaken. tc

Posted 4 Years Ago


May God bless you and your years at college it’s really good!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Hey we the same I’m a Christian too!


Posted 5 Years Ago


This is so nice, and so true! Isn't it something how your perspective on life changes so quickly when you discover the Lord? Great job!

Posted 6 Years Ago


^^ I really enjoyed reading this! It is so true! Our life doesn't always end up the way we plan it, and sometimes we do get disappointed, but that doesn't mean that God does not care for us, He does and is helping us and preparing us for the future He has planned for us! Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that God is with us through the ups and downs and when we are down, He will help us through the troubles, heartache, and pain and restore and give us hope! We just have to trust and follow Him!

Good Job

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dee
I love this essay Miles aka Batman!
I love how you shared one of your own personal experiences, and how you told us what you were thinking. And your last sentence is one of the most helpful, healing, and inspirational words I have ever read!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1787 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 16, 2020
Tags: college essay, Christianity

Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.