Episode 1: Chapter 12: Reconcile

Episode 1: Chapter 12: Reconcile

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

The Season Finale of RWBY Order of Seasons

"

The airship began its final descent in between the mountains, and then all of a sudden the ship started rocking back and forth as it was bombarded by wind.

            “What’s happening?” Weiss yelled.

            “Dang it!" Miles yelled as he steadied himself.  "I forgot about the morning winds in this old place! We’re going to have to jump for it!”

            “Miles are you sure that’s such a good idea?”

            “We have no choice Natalie, look!” Natalie looked out the door and down to the surface and saw her brother fighting off a huge horde of Grimm and was clearly fighting a losing battle.

            “We have to get down there now!” With no hesitation, Natalie leapt out the door, pulled out her weapon, split it in two, and fired rounds from the now divided weapon trying to not only create a landing space for herself, but also get some of the creatures off her brother. As soon as she landed, she combined her weapon back into one whole piece and rushed over to her brother’s side.

            “Ugh…Natalie?”

            “No time for sentiment Nathan. We saw a small horde of Griffons and a few Nevermores heading straight for this location. We have numbers on our side, but it’ll still be a pretty big challenge.”

            “Numbers?”

            “You didn’t think I was going to let you run off that easily, did you Nathan?” Yang yelled as she landed on top of a Griffon and punched it to oblivion.

            “Even though we’ve only known your first years for a few months, we have gotten to know all of you well enough to call each one of you friends.” Weiss said as she landed and launched a barrage of ice glyphs.

            “This is my home too Nathan. I’m not going to see it destroyed so easily.” Evan yelled as he emerged from an illusion space to take down another Griffon with his spear.

            “We’ve all made mistakes we aren’t proud of in the past. What’s important is how we move forward now.” Jacob said as he entered his time dilation state to quickly slice up a small pack of Griffons that were off to the side.

            “Nobody’s perfect. That’s why I’ve always been happy for the friends I have now. They helped guide me to the best path in my life.” Pyrrha said as she also landed and began establishing a perimeter around Nathan.

            “Yeah yeah we get it. Everybody cares about Nathan and friendship is magic and all that. Does everybody really need to say a piece? We’re trying to fight for our lives here!” Miles yelled as he fell through the sky slicing through both Griffons and a Nevermore. He landed almost right next to Nathan, and looked straight at him, not sure what to expect. But looking into Nathan’s eyes, and he into his, there was no hatred in either of their eyes.

            “I’m sorry.”

            “Don’t be. I’ll face your judgment as you see fit once this is all over. But for now, we have some monsters to destroy. I am not about to let my hometown be destroyed any more than it already has.” As he said this, everybody else landed and began engaging the multiple Grimm in the area. Nathan looked around, and then stood upright.

            “It’s my home too. I won’t let anything else bad happen to it.”

            “Um, it’s also Jacob’s, Evan’s, and my home as well guys. It’s not solely your thing.” Natalie said in an annoyed sarcastic tone.

            “We’re having an epic moment here Natls. Don’t ruin it.” Natalie rolled her eyes at her brother’s remark.

            “I swear, you and Yang were made for each other.”

            “Enough talk. You got a plan fearless leader?” Miles asked ready to launch into battle.

            “Yeah. All the heavy hitters take out the Nevermores, the ranged people take down any more incoming, and you, me and the agile fighters take out every Grimm we can find.”

            “Huh. That’s actually a good idea.”

            “I can have sensible plans from time to time.”

            “All right then. Let’s have at it.”

 

 

 

 

Leo was just sitting in the corner of his cell looking out his tiny window as the first rays of sunlight began to peek in. He kept picking loose hairs off his tail trying to kill his boredom as he couldn’t sleep and breakfast wasn’t for another few hours. He looked out at the guard that was keeping an eye on the cellblock, and noticed that he was just simply sitting there reading the paper. But he also noticed that this guard was a Faunus. He started chuckling, which quickly caught the attention of the guard.

            “Something funny kid?”

            “Why yes officer, I do find something funny. I find it funny that despite you being apart of such a proud and superior race, the humans have given you the worst treatment. I’ve seen all the other guards around here. During the day, all the guards are human. While during the night watch, all the guards are Faunus. They don’t trust you with when the prisoners are awake, so they wait until we are all asleep and vulnerable and let you handle it from there.” The guard stood up and walked over to the cell door. Leo also got up and walked over to the cell door as well.

            “You are a proud Faunus. Help me get out of this cell and I can take you to the White Fang. I can….” Leo never got to finish as the guard punched him in the face through the cell door.

            “You stupid racist. You think that your group is actually fighting for Faunus rights don’t you? Well here’s a wake up call. First, ever since your little stunt with Cinder Fall last year, humans and faunus have realized how desperate you crazy people are for power. During the invasion, humans and faunus worked together against you and created a large step forward to equal rights. And second, I happen to be happily married to a human and we don’t let something as stupid as our body parts get in the way! So you can take your backwards way of thinking and rot in this cell for all I care!”

            “Fool.” Leo said as he slowly got up. “You’ve been blinded by your own ignorance. You have believed in a system that prefers their own kind to ours. You….”

            “I have every right to open this door and taser you until you stop moving right now. So shut up and get back in your corner.” Leo backed away from the officer and back into his corner. All of a sudden, the door to the cellblock opened and a new guard walked in.

            “You’re done for the night Equeus.”

            “Really? I still have an hour left on my shift.”

            “I got here early, and the boss is letting you go home early without docking any pay. Get out of here. Weatherman says it’s going to be a nice one today.”

            “Well all right then. Be careful around the new White Fake though. He’s as dumb and racist as they come.”

            “I had a shift yesterday with this kid; I think I can handle him. Get some sleep man, you look like you need it.”

            “Yeah, having a six-month old isn’t the best on a night off, but by gosh do I love the little guy.”

            “Good for you man. Now get out of here, I’d hate to keep you.” With that said, Equeus left the cellblock leaving the new guard to just sit there, not saying a word. Leo just sat back in the corner of his cell, deciding to wait some more until it was time for breakfast. But then, the guard pulled out his walkie talkie, and activated it simply saying,

            “He’s here, and his cell is on the way to the primary target.”

            “Fine. Stay there until I arrive. Is our man in the security room in place?” a new voice squawked over the radio.

            “Yes sir.”

            “Perfect. I will be at your location in about a minute. Stand by the door for when I arrive.” As soon as the order was finished, the guard stood up, and walked over to the cellblock door. Leo didn’t really care, as he just stood up and stared out the window. Even when the cellblock door opened, he didn’t avert his gaze from the rising sun.

            “Are you going to just stare out the window until something happens or are you actually the strong soldier I trained?” Leo quickly turned around as he recognized the voice that suddenly appeared outside his cell.

            “Master Adam?”

            “Get this door open Judict. We don’t have a lot of time.”

            “Of course Lord Taurus.”

            “Adam, why are you working with this human? This betrays everything the White Fang stands for!”

            “Leo, there are more powerful forces than the White Fang at work here.”

            “What other forces? The White Fang is the most powerful Faunus rights activists in the world!”

            “And they answer to another, more influential source. One that even some of the most powerful people in the world bow to.”

            “What? Who could have that much power?”

            “In time, you will learn. But for now, I still have my primary mission to complete.”

            “Primary mission?”

            “You didn’t think I risked these moles in the prison for you, did you?”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?”

            “Forget it. I don’t have a lot of time. Come with me. We are heading to the basement.”

            “What’s in the basement?”

            “Save your questions for later. All will be revealed in time.”

 

 

 

 

Ren and Christy were moving extremely well. Through Ren’s weaponry and agility, he was able to lead several different Griffons to where Christy was hiding so she could get on the back of each individual Griffon starting from the back and worked her way to the front, slowly but efficiently picking off each and every one of them. Meanwhile, Nora and Ty were tearing up a Nevermore that was foolish enough to fly close to the two of them. Nora launched herself onto the head of the creature, and smashed it right in the head sending it spiraling to the ground towards Ty, who prepared his sword and drove it right through the forehead of the creature. Ruby, Natalie, Pyrrha and Brooklyn were running a super crazy tag team combo. Ruby and Natalie rushed right through a pair of Griffon’s and started tearing them to pieces. Whatever creatures didn’t get caught up and sliced to ribbons by their blades were tossed out to the blades of Brooklyn and Pyrrha, easily destroying the unfocused creatures. Meanwhile, Evan easily tricked several Griffon’s and a Nevermore into flying into an illusion space that was filled with ice spikes that had been created by Weiss. Jacob and Jaune were busy slicing through another group of Griffons with their swords. Jacob didn’t even need to be in his time dilation state while Jaune was actually holding his own for a change. Blake and Yang quickly teamed up to use the Bumblebee move to swing Yang around and smash another Nevermore into the side of the mountain, crushing several more Griffons in the process. Meanwhile, Nathan and Miles faced off against another Nevermore that had landed right in front of them.

            “Think you can handle this after such an emotional night?”

            “Go jump in a lake Watson.”

            “I’ll take that as a yes. Formation X-Blade?”

            “Let’s do it.” With that said, the two of them leapt to each side of the Nevermore, Miles tossing his white sword to Nathan, and Nathan in turn tossed Miles one of his clubs. The two of them threw their own clubs at the Nevermore’s head, smashing it into the ground. Then, with Miles pulling them both each in a specific direction, they went hurtling down towards the creature, beheading it in one swift motion. The two of them got up and returned the weapons to their proper owners.

            “All right, anything else?” Miles then looked around and saw that every single Grimm had been dealt with and completely destroyed.

            “That was easier than expected.” Natalie said with a sigh.

            “Yeah, once you fight pretty much every single Grimm in the Kingdom, everything else seems kind of small.” Ruby said holstering her weapon. Miles sheathed his white sword and walked over to Nathan. He then stuck his black sword into the ground, sat on his knees, and placed his hands on the pommel of the sword.

            “I know I can’t undo what I did, and you have every right to hate me. I leave my fate in your hands.” Nathan looked over at him, then dropped his clubs to the ground, pulled out Miles’ black sword and threw it to the side, then embraced him.

            “Killing you isn’t what she would want. I know we haven’t really gotten along since the day we met, but you are my teammate, my friend, and I think in time, we can become brothers. We both acted irrationally all those years ago, and I acted irrationally yesterday. But I’m not going to become the bad guy here.”

            “Nathan, that’s great and all, but people are looking right at us, and I don’t think you hugging me was what they thought was going to happen.” Nathan let Miles go and sat next to him.

            “Sorry about that.”

            “Eh, no harm no foul, just don’t do anything like that again unless I expect it.”

            “Fair enough.” Tired of waiting, Natalie dropped her weapon and ran over to Nathan, tackling him and hugging the life out of him.

            “I’m okay sis. I’m okay.”

            “Don’t do anything this stupid ever again.”

            “How can I? I’m me.” The two of them laughed at this, continuing to hug it out. Yang was about to walk over to the two of them, but Blake held her back.

            “Give them some time. I think we have some things to discuss while they figure things out.”

 

 

 

 

The elevator began to descend as Adam, Leo and the guard stood in silence. As the numbers flashed for each floor they passed, Leo began growing impatient.

            “What are we here for Adam? I’m sick of this nonsense! Were you just planning on leaving me to rot in prison?! And what is this primary objective you are so fixated on?! You’ve been leaving me in the dark ever since that stupid Vinculum Memoriare guy showed up! For one thing, he’s a human! Why would you do something like this? I thought you learned your lesson from the last time we tried following the orders of a human! And another thing….”

            “Silence yourself Leo. We have arrived.” As soon as he said this, the elevator doors opened and the three of them walked out. The room was poorly lit, and in front of them was a giant vault.

            “What is this place Adam?”

            “Guard, where is the storage unit?”

            “They placed it right next to her Lord Taurus.”

            “Very well. Do I take it immediately or do I have to take care of her first?”

            “I would recommend taking the storage container first because she is hooked up to a system that sets off an alarm that not even we can shut down without arousing suspicion.”

            “Very well. I will distract her while you take the containment unit. Open the door.” The guard nodded and opened up the vault door, and revealed who was inside.

            “It’s a bit early for my morning food paste, isn’t it Mr. Praes? Or did you come down here just to visit me?” Adam walked in and straight towards the voice. As Leo’s eyes adjusted, he instantly recognized the person in restraints.

            “Cinder Fall.” He said under his breath.

            “Oho, Adam.” Cinder said with a sick smirk.  “Loyal to the end. Glad to see that somebody still believes in my vision. Now then, cut me down from here and release the Fall Maiden’s aura. With it, I will regain what I have lost!” Adam then motioned over to the guard, and he unhooked the containment unit that had the Fall Maiden’s power within it.

            “Give it to Leo.” The guard nodded and handed it to Leo. Adam then drew his sword and pointed it at Leo. “Let me make this clear to you. If you drop that containment unit and release what is inside, whether it was on purpose or on accident, I will kill you without hesitation or remorse.” Leo nodded more in confusion than fear, thinking to himself that Adam would never to such a thing to him. Adam then turned to Cinder who was growing more and more impatient.

            “Adam, what are you waiting for? Release me!”

            “Did you not find it strange Cinder, that despite having run off, you weren’t hunted nor were you punished?”

            “What are you talking about?”

            “HE knew that you would try to awaken the dragon and create the rift of darkness to summon you mistress. So he let you wander freely, and tasked me with making sure you made no move that would completely thwart his plans, and believe me, it took a lot of convincing to make you attack Vale and not wait for the next tournament in Atlas in four years.”

            “No…it can’t be…”

            “I only followed your orders so that his mission would be completed. And despite that stupid child with the silver eyes getting in the way, he now has the dragon’s power and now, he will have his second maiden.”

            “You…. all this time he kept you a secret from even me.”

            “Yes. I am the liaison between the Fang and the Order.” As soon as Adam said this, he raised his sword and plunged it right through Cinder’s chest. Cinder gasped for breath as she felt her life slipping away. But then she gathered enough breath for one last chuckle and said,

            “Do you really think…he can stop her? Nothing…. can defeat her power!”

            “Nothing? Then what about the power of her creator?” Cinder’s eyes widened, and then went dead as the last of her life faded away. An alarm started going off throughout the prison, and the three of them started heading for the exit.

            “Why did you kill her Adam? Now the whole base knows we’re here!”

            “Because those were my orders. And I wasn’t going to let anything get in the way of that. Now then Judict, I suggest you get going. Leo and I will take the emergency escape rails out of here. Let us know if anything happens and the Order will clean up any mess you might be stuck with.”

            “Thank you Lord Taurus” the guard said falling to one knee. Adam then took Leo and the containment unit over to a wall. Then, Adam placed his ring onto the wall and a panel slid up revealing a train car with tracks that lead deep underground. He and Leo got in quickly, and the train was off, closing the wall behind them and barreling ahead at breakneck speeds.

            “Where are we going Adam?”

            “To the sanctuary of the Order.”

            “The what?”

 

 

 

 

Miles and Nathan were sitting out on the cliff face, while everybody else sat back.

            “Are you sure we shouldn’t bother them Natalie?”

            “Yes. I’ve already told you Yang. They want to settle things a bit more before heading back to Beacon.”

            “Well I guess now is as good a time as any to let everybody know why this was such a big deal.” Blake said.

            “Yeah, I would like to know why Nathan did try to beat Miles to a pulp.” Christy said as she sat down. Everybody else sat down in a circle, while Blake and Natalie sat in the center.

            “It all started back in the tragedy that took place here” Natalie started. “Miles had attacked the invaders because he thought he could defeat them all and save his family. He did not succeed, and because of that, Nathan tried to attack them as well and ended up getting captured. I learned about this, and at the time, neither Miles nor Nathan knew that they were both captured that day. When Miles realized this he at first wanted to apologize to Nathan, but I said he shouldn’t not just because I assumed that Nathan would react out of anger to the news, but also because we discovered something.”

“Yeah.” Blake said scratching her head.  “Both Miles and Nathan told me their side of the story, and Natalie knew this as well. We met up and discussed this and noticed something was off. According to both of them, the White Fang attacked them. The only problem is, the attack took place almost a year before the White Fang turned from protestors to a small army. Me, Natalie, and Miles agreed to keep this between the three of us until we could figure out more to this situation. But then that guy in red caused them to remember something yesterday.  You all know the rest after that.”

            “Well that’s great and all, but have you three figured out anything else since then? Like, who Adam was working for at the time?” Jacob asked leaning forward.

            “I think the two of them know Jacob, but we aren’t going to figure anything out for a while.” Natalie said looking out at where Nathan and Miles were sitting.  “For now though, I think we can be content with the fact that they aren’t trying to kill each other anymore.”

 

 

 

            “So she was your teacher?”

            “She was more than that. She was like a second mother to me and Natls.”

            “I’m sorry you lost her.”

            “We lost everything seven years ago. I’m just glad I didn’t add to the death toll of this place.”

            “Yeah me too.” The two of them laughed at this.

            “What do you remember about your family Miles?”

            “Only that every single one of them was more honorable than I ever was. They worked hard, and did well in life. I was too lazy to decide what to do with my own life when I turned ten. I can’t even remember what our final argument was about. Something stupid probably.”

            “At least you got to see them one last time. I was gone for half a year and when I got back, they were gone.”

            “You got to say goodbye on a positive note. I’m not even sure what my parents or my brother thought of me before that night.” The two of them fell silent, and then looked over at each other again.

            “So, what do we tell the others about him?” Nathan asked.

            “The silver haired guy with the buster sword?  I don’t think they need to know that.  We should wait until we know more about him.”

            “I still can’t get him out of my head.”

            “It’s hard not to. Since we got those memories back, they’ve been as fresh in my mind as if it just happened. And even though Adam was leading the operation, HE commanded such a presence that not just Adam, but even the guy in the red coat got down on one knee.”

            “Who do you think he is?”

            “Whoever he is, I think his endgame is ready to start.”

            “How do you figure?”

            “When we fought that Memoriare guy yesterday, there were three memories that escaped him during the fight. He only stopped the one that was heading straight for Brooklyn.”

            “Why would he do that?”

            “Either that memory is something that reveals some big secret, or it is something that she’s not allowed to know about herself. Maybe even both.”

            “I don’t know. But the thing is, we need to be careful. For the sake of our friends, and for the sake of the world.”

            “Yeah. How about we agree not to try and kill each other anymore?”

            “That’s a promise for me to make. I don’t think you stand a chance against me one-on-one Watson.”

            “Ooh, that’s a challenge Mr. Grover.” The two of them stood up and started walking back.

            “Actually Miles, go ahead. There’s something I need to do first.”

            “Okay. Take your time.” Nathan then turned and walked over to the edge of the cliff.

            “The last time I said this, I said it filled with hate and anger in my heart. Let me do this properly this time.” Nathan then closed his eyes and took a deep breath. “Goodbye Ember. I’m heading off with my friends to save the world now.” Nathan then turned, and ran back to join his friends, with the sun rising behind him. 

 

 

 

 

ROLL CREDITS

 

 

 

 

Adam and Leo walked into a giant meeting room that was dimly lit.

            “It would seem the rest of the council has already arrived.”

            “This was to be expected Adam.”

            “Lord Memoriare.”

            “HE finished up early and decided to call the members in so that business could begin by the time you arrived.”

            “So where is he?”

            “Adam.”

            “Lord Mortem.” Adam fell to one knee, as did all those who were standing in the room. “I am please to see you have returned at last.”

            “Indeed. And who is this behind you?”

            “This is Leo Odi, the one I spoke of to you back when we discovered the dragon.”

            “Ah yes, the young idealist who has yet to fully understand power.”

            “I have no idea who you are old man, but I am not working for some stupid human’s….” Adam immediately got up and placed his sword on Leo’s neck.

            “Utter one more syllable and I will end you where you stand.”

            “It’s all right Adam. Stand down. In time, this child will learn to obey. But first, did you bring what I desire?”

            “Yes Lord Mortem. Here is the Fall Maiden.” Adam took the containment unit from Leo and placed it on a table that was emblazoned with a circle with four separate slices each containing a symbol of a season.

            “Excellent work Adam. This brings our total to two of the four we need.” A panel rose up from the table with another containment unit that unlike the one that contained the Fall Maiden, which glowed orange, this one glowed a pinkish red.

            “Who are you, and what is this place?” Leo asked walking towards Lord Mortem.

            “Young man, Adam told me you needed more time before being invited here. But I guess it can’t be helped. My name is Zenoma Mortem, the supreme ruler of The Order of the Four Seasons, and soon, the master of Remnant.”



© 2018 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please review! It would help me greatly!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, goodie we have come to the impasse of what the White Fang and the Order have in mind now I am ready to dive in and watch the mystery unravel as we jump into another episode of things to come. Excellent story, lots of detail lots of fun to read I will get to the next chapter tomorrow. with great anticipation. Please be kind and return the love.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

480 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 18, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2018
Tags: Adventure, Action, Anime, Fan Fiction, RWBY

RWBY: Order of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.