Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Episode 3: Chapter 4: Ignition

Episode 3: Chapter 4: Ignition

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter for of Episode 3 of Order of Seasons

"

As everybody walked over to the shores of Patch overlooking Vale, all the Dust users created ice pods with handles on the inside.

            “All right, now remember everybody, each team is going to use these pods to walk across the bottom of the river.” Natalie said as she and Ruby picked up their pod. “Everybody remember their assignments?”

            “Me and Nathan are heading down to meet up with and convince my friend to help fight alongside us in the final confrontation tonight.” Yang said as she easily picked up her pod. “Hopefully he will fight for us, and with his numbers, we might actually have a chance of countering the army we’re going to have to fight.”

            “Miles and I are going to try and sneak into the White Fang armory and take over a large portion of their weaponry for our own army tonight." Blake said putting her weapon on her back.  "Given the fact that I’m a Faunus, so long as they believe my story, they should let me in with no questions asked. Plus, if I bring in Miles as a prisoner, they might be a bit more willing to trust me. So long as nobody recognizes me, I should be all right.”

            “Evan and myself are going to try to sneak into the communication hub for the Order in downtown Vale and prepare a few communication channels for ourselves as well as knock theirs out whenever we say so.” Christy said as she placed her axes in her hilts. “With luck, we can knock all communications out before the reinforcements from Atlas arrive, and also keep the enemy here in the dark about what is happening in Atlas.”

            “Weiss, Neptune, and Team CFVY are going to stay here with the airship to stay in touch with said reinforcements from Atlas. The rest of us are going to scour the city for survivors and those who can still fight with us later tonight.” Jacob said placing his sword inside his pod. “Is everybody ready to go?”

            “Let’s get started.” Natalie said as she and Ruby started walking into the river.

 

 

 

 

Mortem quickly punched a few numbers into his Scroll and ran yet another simulation.

            “Results on the simulation computer?”

            “RESULTS NEGATIVE LORD MORTEM.”

            “This doesn’t bode well. How is it after twenty different simulations the most successful one only has a 2% chance of success?”

            “ACCORDING TO THE NUMBERS LORD MORTEM, IT MIGHT BE BEST TO ATTEMPT TO RUN SIMULATION “ONE ENTITY” INSTEAD OF SIMULATION “DIFFERENT PIECES.”

            “I just fear that the One Entity program might take too long for what I need in order to accomplish my overall goal. If it lasts longer than it should, that leaves me vulnerable to incoming attacks.”

            “PERHAPS A GUARDIAN WOULD BE BENEFICIAL?”

            “That’s actually not a bad idea. Summon the assassin.”

            “AT ONCE LORD MORTEM.”

 

 

 

 

As soon as they reached the opposite shore, they left the pods in the river to float away. Quickly drying off, each team went their own separate directions. Natalie and Ruby took point for the team searching for survivors while Jacob took up the rear. As they headed into the city, they almost didn’t recognize it. Everything was in shambles. Buildings collapsed, streets torn asunder, and the most disturbing part was the number of bodies. Civilians, Huntsmen and Huntresses alike, all strewn across the way, with Grimm just simply stalking high above on rooftops and in the sky.

            “By the stars….” Pyrrha said trying to hold back tears. Nobody was sure how to react other than keep moving forward.

            “How did this happen?” Jaune asked. “How did it get so bad?”

            “This is the result of war.” Ren said as he pulled out his weapons. “Nobody is ever spared. I can only imagine how bad it must be in Atlas right now.”

            “Well, that’s why we’re here now.” Ruby said as she pulled out her weapon to slice a nearby Grimm in two. “To make sure that that it won’t continue, and to save who we can.”

 

 

 

 

Yang and Nathan found an unattended motorcycle and rode it over to what was the seedier part of town. As they started getting closer to their destination, a couple of small Nevermores flew in from above and started attacking them. Nathan quickly threw his clubs up into the air and managed to hit all the Grimm, causing them to dissipate so they could continue.

            “Piece of cake.” He said as he grabbed his club out of the air.

            “Don’t get cocky! We’ve got another swarm coming in at our seven o’clock.” Nathan turned around and was about to throw his clubs again when Yang abruptly stopped.

            “What’s wrong?”

            “Well, that right there is our destination,” Yang said pointing at a giant door, “but I don’t want a giant horde of Grimm to be hanging around outside and keeping us locked in!”

            “All right then, what’s the play?”

            “I’m going to lead them away form here, you get inside and try to get started on convincing them to join us!”

            “How do I convince them I’m on their side?”

            “Just tell them you know me and they should fall right over and let you in.”

            “And if they don’t?”

            “Bust your way inside and then I’ll straighten them out once I lose these darn birds! Now scoot!” With that said, Yang pushed Nathan off the motorcycle, sending him spinning into a nearby alley while she rode off down the road, looking over her shoulder to occasionally launch a few shots at the enemy, and continued down the dark street. Nathan collected himself, destroyed the few Grimm that tailed off to try and take him out, and then walked over and pounded on the door.

            “No outsiders allowed!” A voice yelled from the other side.

            “Let me in! I’ve got business with the owner!”

            “How do we know this isn’t a trap?”

            “I’m a friend of Yang Xiao Long!”

 

 

 

 

Evan was walking along in his illusion space inching closer and closer to the front gates of the outpost. As he reached the edge of the outpost, he waited for them open the gates so he could sneak inside. As soon as he accomplished this, he expanded the illusion space to cover the gate as he opened it up himself to let Christy in. As soon as she snuck inside, they closed the gate and Evan dropped the illusion space as soon as they found some cover.

            “You got the flash drive?” Evan asked.

            “Ready to go as soon as we’re inside.” Chirsty said as she grabbed her weapons and started moving forward. Searchlights swept the compound in a rhythmic pattern. It was easy enough for the two of them to simply watch for the openings and move forward and quickly to avoid detection. They got to the first locked door with a pin pad. Christy pulled out a book of codes and quickly punched in a number and the door swung open. There weren’t even any guards on the other side of the door as they went deeper and deeper into the compound.

            “Where is everybody?” Evan asked as they reached the door to the central control room.

            “Maybe they needed more troops in Atlas?”

            “They needed so many troops they couldn’t bother to leave anybody behind to guard their communication hub?”

            “Just roll with it! This means we can get the job done a lot quicker!” They opened the door and were about to knock out whoever was at the controls, but they then realized that he was actually still asleep. Moving quietly then, the walked over to the main console, Christy put in the flash drive and started typing away until a green light flashed on the screen.

            “All right then.” Christy said as she removed the flash drive. “We can now communicate via Scrolls without anybody listening in. And as soon as we push the remote button, all communications within the Order will be on lockdown. They won’t get any reinforcements once the attack begins.”

            “All right then. Let’s rejoin the others”

 

 

 

 

            “Is that too tight Miles?” Blake asked as she tightened a set of rope tying Miles’ hands.

            “This needs to look convincing.” Miles said wriggling his hands around in the knot.  “Trust me, this is nothing compared to what I’ve gone through these past few days.”

            “Good point. Well, how’s this?” As she tightened the straps, Miles winced a little bit.

            “I need to break out of these in an instant Blake! I can’t do that if I can’t even feel my hands!”

            “I thought this was nothing Mr. Tough Guy.” Miles blushed a bit as Blake loosened the straps a bit. “All right then. You ready to go?”

            “Hopefully I’m a better actor than I think I am.” The two of them walked down a dark alleyway, Miles struggling as they walked. “Let me go you dumb animal!” He yelled.

            “Shut up you pathetic human! Know your place!” Blake said as she punched Miles and threw him to the ground. Suddenly, a side door opened and two White Fang members jumped out.

            “What’s the meaning of this?” One of the guards asked.

            “My name is Selina Grant.” Blake said as she picked up Miles. “I’m interested in joining the White Fang. And to prove my loyalty, I’ve brought you this human prisoner.”

            “Get your paws off me you dumb cat!” Miles said as he continued thrashing, to which Blake punched him again and he shut up.

            “We have no need for prisoners Ms. Grant.” The guard said. “Just kill him before us and that will be enough to prove your loyalty to us.”

            “I would be more than happy to, but this human knows of a resistance that has been growing underground.”

            “A resistance against the White Fang?”

            “A resistance against the new world order.” The guards pondered this for a second, and then motioned for her to bring Miles inside, which she obliged.

            “So what should I do with this human then?”

            “Lord Taurus is in Atlas right now leading the invasion, so for the time being, our Lieutenant will ask the questions about this resistance.” They then took a sharp turn and walked into a giant warehouse filled to the brim with weapons. Mech suits, guns, swords, you name it, they had it. Suddenly, Miles was thrown down to the ground yet again and found himself face to face with a White Fang member with a complete facemask instead of the traditional eye mask.

            “What is this?” the man in the mask asked.

            “Lieutenant! This here is a human that a new recruit brought in! This sister Faunus here claims that this human knows of a secret resistance that is planning some kind of attack!” The Lieutenant, now intrigued by this new information, kneeled down and got right into Miles’ face, staring at him.

            “So who talks first? You talk first? I talk first? It’s hard to tell with the mask in the way.” Suddenly, the Lieutenant grabbed Miles by the throat and lifted him straight up into the air. “Okay I guess you talk first.”

            “What is this resistance? Where are they located?”

            “Oh come on. You honestly think lifting me straight up into the air and threatening my life is going to get me to talk? I have all the info you need! If you kill me, then you lose that information!” The lieutenant dropped Miles down to the ground, and pulled out his giant chainsaw weapon.

            “I will make you talk, one way or another.”

            “Maybe some other time chuckles. Blake?” As soon as he said this, Blake drew her weapon and freed Miles of his bonds who quickly jumped up, sent the lieutenant flying, and re-claimed his weapons from Blake who was keeping them on her back.

            “Are you sure you’re up for a fight like this Miles? You did just come off a huge injury.”

            “Please. After holding up a building? This is just a warm up for later!”

            “Well don’t go too crazy.”

            “Look who’s talking.” They both grinned, and immediately leapt into action beginning to take down all those around them.

 

 

 

 

As Lord Mortem continued to wait, he felt a weird sensation in the back of his head. He stood up and walked over to the edge of the tower, and gazed out into the horizon.

            “Something’s wrong.” He quickly then turned and walked over to the radio he had up there with him. “Lord Taurus. Report in.” For a few minutes, there was silence, but then the radio started chirping as it took a second for the message to come through.

            “…..logies Lord Mortem. I was busy leading one of the strike teams on the Atlas Academy Building. In about a day or so we should….”

            “Lord Taurus, have you secured the device?”

            “Uh…yes. We managed to secure it a few hours ago. It is waiting here for your arrival with the aura of Ozpin, Salem, and the Maidens.”

            “New orders. You and the rest of the council are to take the device and bring it here to me in Vale. I expect you to arrive by this evening.”

            “But my lord, we are growing closer to taking down Atlas. Are you really willing to give up our advantage?”

            “By the time we finish here tonight, not even the world’s strongest armies can stand against what we have built. Bring everybody to me at fast as possible Lord Taurus.”

            “Yes Lord Mortem. I’ll pass the word along.” After that was said, the radio went dead and the computer chirped up.

            “LORD MORTEM, I MAY HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION TO THE PROGRAM.”

            “Let’s hear it.”

 

 

 

 

            “Look kid, I don’t know you, and I don’t know any Yang, okay? So get the heck out of my bar!” Junior yelled pointing his weapon in Nathan’s face.

            “Are you kidding me?” Nathan said as he slammed his fist on the table. “She told me that she’s been here twice already!”

            “Sorry kid. I don’t know what to tell you other than get out of my bar!”

            “She’s going to be here any minute now! Couldn’t you just wait until then to see if you know her or not?”

            “I’m not taking any chances with some random kid who shows up on my doorstep. Me and my boys are low on actual necessary supplies as it is! We’ve even had to use some of the alcohol in the drinks to treat some of the wounds on my men! So get out before I throw you out!” Clearly annoyed, Nathan threw one of his clubs towards the bar, which ricocheted off the glasses and knocked them to the countertop without breaking them, then knocked a record off the stack and started playing the “I Burn” remix that Casey Williams made a few years ago, and then proceeded to clock ten of Junior’s guys in the head before returning to Nathan’s hand just as Yang walked in the door.

            “Hey babe!” Nathan said as he put his clubs away.

            “You know Blondie?” Junior said as his face turned white after seeing both Nathan’s display and Yang walking in. Nathan, not saying a word, walked over to the bar and started mixing two drinks, and slid one over to Yang as she reached the bar.

            “Aw, you even remembered the little umbrella!” She said as she took a drink.

 

 

 

 

            “So you want to hire my boys to try and drive out these invaders?” Junior asked as he had himself a quick drink.”

            “Junior, we really need your help on this one.” Yang said. “We’re vastly outnumbered, and whatever help we can get would be greatly appreciated.

            “Look, I want these guys gone as much as you do. But what’s in it for me?”

            “I can try to convince Ozpin to give you and your gang full pardons for your help in this. You can just run the bar without having to worry about the police breathing down your neck about the robbery and drug dealings that go on in this part of town.”

            “Unless you can promise it Blondie, I’m going to have to still say no.”

            “Come on man, this isn’t rocket science!” Nathan said having finished off his own drink. “Just because she can’t guarantee it doesn’t mean it won’t happen! It’s better than just hiding away in here right?”

            “Look kid, I admire your guts, but the thing is, I have to think about the future. Maybe this new ruler would be super cool and actually let me have a hand in running this town.”

            “Or he could have your head turned inside out and stuck up on a wall.” Yang said cracking a smile. Junior shuddered a bit at this thought.

            “Good point. Blondie, my men are yours. When do you need them?”

            “The big battle is tonight at sundown at Beacon.”

            “Of course it is.” Junior sighed and took another drink.

 

 

 

 

Ty hoisted up a huge chunk of debris that was keeping Team CRDL trapped beneath a shop. As everybody helped them out and got them water, they felt a few explosions in the ground.

            “I hope that’s our friends getting something done.” Jaune said as he helped get Cardin to his feet.

            “Me too.” Ruby said as she made sure there wasn’t anybody left beneath the rubble before Ty dropped the stone slab. “I mean, we might be able to get numbers on our side, but I don’t think we have the firepower needed to take down an army.” Suddenly, a large explosion went off in a warehouse just down the street from where they all were. As soon as the dust settled, they saw Blake walking alongside a giant mech being piloted by Miles.

            “Did somebody say huge guns?” Miles said with a grin on his face.

            “Actually, nobody did.” Ty said with a grin as he walked over. “But this is some much needed firepower. How tough was it to get it?”

            “You remember that one weapons depot in Mistral?”

            “Say no more.”

 

 

 

 

The airship started heading off after dropping its lone passenger onto the top of the tower. Angela walked forward and kneeled before Lord Mortem.

            “I’m glad you were able to arrive on such short notice Assassin. Everything seems to be moving in motion much faster than previously anticipated. I trust you know what I need you to do when the time comes?”

            “Yes my lord.”

            “Very good. Now wait in the shadows while my council arrives.” Angela nodded her head and leapt off into hiding as another airship began its final descent to the tower. As the doors opened, Lord Hibernis walked out first carrying a giant machine with several tubes and electrical ports, while the others walked out each carrying a pod large enough to fit a person inside. As they made their way to the center of the tower, they began assembling it into a giant machine meant to transfer aura from person to person. First they hooked up the pods and then the aura canisters followed.

            “Everything is ready Lord Mortem.” Lord Memoriare said. “What should we do now?”

            “Each of you is to get into your respective pods” Lord Mortem said. “I will place the power of Salem into the last canister and the computer will take it from there.” With smiles on their faces, each of the high council members moved towards their pods in anticipation, but stopped short when a flare went off nearby the docks of the academy. As they all rushed to the edge, they saw waiting for them was a small band of students ready to go to war. And then, all of a sudden, multiple airships appeared dropping off mech suits and solders, forming a small army now standing before them. Before they could react, the students all started rushing forward screaming at the top of their lungs.

            “What should we do my lord?” Lord Aeris asked. Lord Mortem didn’t say a word, but simply put up his hand and summoned a gigantic horde of Grimm out of thin air.  After doing that, he turned back to his high council.

            “You six take care of them. I will stay here and guard the device and make the final preparations.”

            “Why won’t you fight with us Lord Mortem?” Lord Fulgur asked. “We clearly have the upper hand.”

            “What if there are more of them lying in wait wanting to take the power for themselves Lord Fulgur? I am the most powerful amongst all of you and can handle a few on my own. Now do as I command!”

            “Yes my lord.” They all said before leaping off the tower and heading into battle. As soon as they were gone, Lord Mortem turned to the machine, and pulled out another empty container and stored the power of Salem within it. He then hooked it up to the machine and turned it on.

            “Computer, start running the program.”

            “AT ONCE LORD MORTEM.” While the computer got started, Angela leapt up to the top once again.

            “What are my orders my lord?”

            “Can you get in touch with reinforcements outside of this city?”

            “No my lord. It would seem that my Scroll is disconnected.”

            “These children came prepared. Very well then. Deal with them at once assassin. No one is to live this time. Also, I’ve stored Peter Strohl in a holding cell a few floors down. Take him and whoever else you find and fight the enemy.”

            “At once my lord.”

 

 

 

 

As they continued to run forward, they noticed the large horde of Grimm coming towards them.

            “Am I the only one getting a huge sense of déjà vu right now?” Nora asked.

            “Focus Nora! We can make connections once we are victorious!” Ren said as he opened fire on some incoming Griffons.

            “Well, we’ve got a mission in front of us.” Nathan said with a smile. “What are our orders Natls?” Natalie took a quick deep breath, and then looked forward with determination.

            “Destroy the Grimm, take down any White Fang or otherwise that aren’t on our side, and capture Beacon Tower!”

            “Yes ma’am!” Everybody said before splitting into their specific teams. Miles, Ruby, Blake and Natalie still stayed the course heading straight for Beacon Tower.

            “All right kids. Let’s go to war.” Miles said as he drew his weapons.



© 2018 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short chapter. The battle is progressing nicely with a lot of moving peices the kind I like. Moving on to the next chapter. Please be kind and return the love.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 12, 2016
Last Updated on April 4, 2018
Tags: Fan Fiction, Anime, Action, Adventure, RWBY

RWBY: Order of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.