The Soul Ravine

The Soul Ravine

A Story by Mister T.
"

A short story on something I wanted to write about.

"

Hand in hand, we walk through a beautiful time. The sun is shining, there are no clouds to be seen, the flowers greet us, life is smiling upon us. What could possibly go wrong?


I notice some dark clouds far ahead of us. She hasn’t seen them yet, hopefully they will pass by. Whatever, they will never reach us, our love is too strong.


All of a sudden the ground in front of us disappears and there is a huge ravine in front of us. I try to warn her, but it’s too late. She falls into it, unaware of what’s down there.


Dark clouds fill the once clear sky above me. Rain starts falling down from the sky. I look down: I can still see her down there. I call her name. No answer.


I keep calling her name. Still no answer. Where is she? Is she gone? What do I have to do? More and more rain starts to drop from the dark clouds.


I look in front of me: there is a bridge to the other side of the ravine. I can see the sun far ahead of me on the other side.


I’m getting the feeling she isn’t there anymore, but she still is. I can see her. She can’t be gone, she said she loved me. Was it a lie?


I stretch out my hand to her. No answer. She doesn’t want to look up. I hear something break into pieces in my ribcage. A lightning bolt lit up the sky for a split second.


What will I do; move forward on my own, or wait for her to climb out of the ravine?

© 2016 Mister T.


Author's Note

Mister T.
Hopefully you understand the meaning of it. Do not take it to literally, since you might end up thinking I'm nuts or something like that. If you do not get the meaning of it, feel free to ask.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is a very powerful piece. I love the metaphors. You described the buildup and the dilemma really well.

One small suggestion:
"All of a sudden the ground in front of us disappears and there is huge ravine in front of us."
You should add an "a" between "there is" and "huge ravine".

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Mmh, I guess I made a mistake by saying you had already reviewed this piece of mine..
But, a.. read more
Wow. That is all I can say.
This-to me-is extremely relatable because of a few things that have happened in the past. It is a fitting description of what you're thinking- what you're feeling- at that moment when you don't know wheather to move on or wait.
Again, utterly amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review :)
Glad you enjoyed it!
Really enjoyed this, but I feel bad for you that you had to feel this way. I definitely know how you feel, but it does suck. I really hope you feel better now! But besides that, I really like your way of writing and how you can make someone part of your feelings.
Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate it :)
Well, all the nice and kind reactions of many pleased re.. read more
I really like this. And that might be because I read it with my own memories and experiences. I can see myself in this story. But to me I see the darkness because I cause it. Not on purpose. That's just the way it is. And she walks right into it unknowing. And then "I stretch out my hand to her. No answer. She doesn't want to look up." Good read

Posted 8 Years Ago


sad,,i related to it because the same things seems to be happening between my bestfriend and i...though i am still praying he comes out of the raven...beautifully written though

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

I feel very sorry for you..
Remember, if you're really best friends, everything should turn o.. read more
Lovely. I could read a lot into the words .. clouds, ravine, falling etc and this little poem actually paints a huge picture. Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
All these words have a certain meaning, indeed. It doesn't have to be one exact .. read more

This was well written and held the interest, despite the apparent enigma . Love is such an abstract thing. It can be an overwhelming attraction ,or even a repulsion when there is the slightest discord. The "fairytale wedding" that can collapse after a short while due to an unforseen lack of harmony. Is the bond still there, or or does each protagonist go their seperate ways.
This is the interpretation that I put on your story - I hope I'm neither nuts, or too old and inhibited in my views.

Norman



Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Well, wisdom comes with the years, doesn't it? ;)
Your interpretation was pretty accurate, ac.. read more
Really liked this piece and the way that you expressed your emotions through it. It's clear that you've been in a similar emotional state as the one portrayed in your piece, being able to use emotions such as these in your writing takes a lot of talent.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review!
Glad you enjoyed it :)
It's ironic how when we "fall" in love, but here the fall is negative. When someone chooses to leave you, your world is torn apart, but part of you still wants to wait for them.
I liked how you added the lightning bolt. I don't know if that was supposed to symbolize the loss of the "spark" that was there before, but either way it was a nice touch.
Nice writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

You're actually right about the lightning bolt thing. It indeed symbolizes the moment when the first.. read more
Sounds like a horrible dream one has after a hard breakup. You have revealed emotions well in this piece. Keep up the good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

Oh, believe me, I know that! Teenage years can be very rough. Everyone, at every age has feelings .. read more
Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Well, a flood of thoughts strikes my head every day again, so writing is like my way to get rid of t.. read more
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

Some of my writings deal with the angst in life. If I had known then what I know now, I would never.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

462 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 15, 2016
Tags: metaphorical, love

Author

Mister T.
Mister T.

Netherlands



About
My name is T, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and I want to share my stories with others. I'm in no way a professional writer, I just write what feels good. I'd like feedback from othe.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Mister T.


Fishermen Fishermen

A Story by Mister T.


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by Mister T.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..