The War

The War

A Story by Mister T.
"

A war doesn't need guns to be painful.

"

 “You can’t! Just give up already, you will never be able to reach the light! Just give in to the dark, you know it’s better, you know it’s easier, where are you waiting for!”

 

“Leave him alone, there’s always hope! He will never give in to the dark, never! Leave him alone!”

 

I was gone. I was still physically there, but my mental absence was real. My eyes were staring lifelessly at the ground in front of me. There was no emotion on my face whatsoever. I tried to move, but I couldn’t.

 

“Don’t listen to her! Sink deeper and deeper into the dark! Come to me, I’m your friend!”

 

“He’s a liar, don’t trust him! He’s deceiving you, he seeks to take control of you!”

 

I felt a strong pressure on my heart. A war was going on in my head. It wasn’t just some ordinary warfare with guns, no, it was much more powerful and vicious than that.

 

“Please, listen to me, I’m the one you should trust, not him! I know you can do it, you’re strong, you can fight against the dark!”

 

“Don’t listen to her! Don’t listen to her! Don’t listen to her!”

 

A war that no-one should ever experience. The war no-one deserves. The war that doesn’t exist, yet it does. A tear rolled over my cheek.

 

There is only one winner of this war, and that’s going to be me. There’s no time for crying, there’s no time to lose. It’s time to win this war.

 

“I knew you could do it. I knew it.”

© 2016 Mister T.


Author's Note

Mister T.
If you do not get the message, feel free to ask any questions.
Just a little something that was going through my head a few days ago. Recognizable?
Please let me know what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is... I don't know if I can describe this. It is so fitting for this moment in my life... It's beautiful. And the dialouge? It's just wow. I understand completely. Also, it's amazing how you capture the emotions in words. Keep up the good work!


Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kind words :)
You know what I love about this? There's (no) backstory. There's no hero, who so desperately wants to be good but their tragic past leads them to making questionable decisions. There's no addict trying so desperately to fight their battle for their loved ones. There's no backstory, yet its so relate-able.
I don't mean there's no backstory exactly, as it's clear there is a very deep meaning to this. There's more than what's being said. What I like is that it doesn't say exactly what that is. All it talks about is the War, which everyone has to deal with at some point, for various reasons.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Hey there, glad to see you online again :)
To be honest, I had a certain meaning in mind - it.. read more
I can't read stuff about light and dark without automatically assuming it's about Star Wars. This to me is Star Wars fan fiction :D
Anyway, Well Done !!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Haha, that's one thing you can think about when reading this xd
Glad you enjoyed it anyways, .. read more
Mister T. I know these struggles, believe me. I am glad the character in your story has decided to fight the war and win the war too. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. Keep up the good work!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Melissa. I appreciate you stopping by and commenting :)
MelissaAndres

8 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Wow, this is great! What a strong message with critically crafted dialogue, this sent chills down my spine. Splendid! Keep writing, T!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thanks man :)
I'll definitely keep writing!
Zyle Christian William Cook

8 Years Ago

*squeals with excitement*
A very strong message, to not give in to your own dark side. To be a good person, even if the world makes that nearly impossible. At least, that's what the message seemed to be to me.

Well written, it has a lot of strength for such a short piece of writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Great research you did there, man ;)
Thank you for the review!
This is really a good story . It deliver a perfect massage to believe in yourself . Have a hysterical time reading it

Posted 8 Years Ago


Mister T.

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
zunie frost

8 Years Ago

welcome my friend

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 9, 2016
Tags: investigative, mystery, puzzle, supernatural

Author

Mister T.
Mister T.

Netherlands



About
My name is T, I'm 17 years old and I live in the Netherlands, and I want to share my stories with others. I'm in no way a professional writer, I just write what feels good. I'd like feedback from othe.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Mister T.


Fishermen Fishermen

A Story by Mister T.


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by Mister T.