Religous Authority

Religous Authority

A Poem by Melissa L. Hennessy
"

Dedicated to the fools who will regret it in the end.

"

Claim me to be the leaves on your hands, to understand the rise and fall of all these things that I’m beginning to bring to my senses.
Life and death has no resurrect except the expectation of the liberation of power.
I'll bite my tongue and chew my cheek to prolong your suffering to the extent of its peak and then wash the soil from your eyes and despise every word you speak.
Is this evil or is this a lesson to profess and confess that I'm no guide to the afterlife, but within a lie there’s a reason to lead on such a story for glory and passion.
There is no leader to the life you have birthed; within your mind, unwind your tangled ahora and flourish the furnished tables from which you stand up and take no more.
They will provide you a life of strife like delicate paper weights that float on to the late evenings of setting traits and phases.
Outlook this horizon, there’s more to become, for the dawn speaks like the young and I am the dusk you have been growing lust to lavish in my sweet dark musk.
Yet you empower yourself with their cult, and they carve your eyes out and feast on your flesh.
Where is your self respect? 
Where can you carry yourself when they're on your back? 
You foolish b*****d! 
Have you forgotten to stand your ground? ! 
Thrown to the dogs, you struggle to balance your head above the mud.
Purge out your intestines; now that’s a mighty meal! 
I believe we have a faithful man, consumed in soiled rivers and amputated mercy with a story of your righteousness.
But I've got a nice glass of liquor to salt your wounds; I hope you suffer this dreadful lie. 

 

© 2009 Melissa L. Hennessy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think the title fits it well. While the imagery seems to speak of a certain religious paradigm it also seems to be a general message or, more correctly, a declaration. Sounds irreverent yet sympathetic.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece of filled with such powerful emotions and compelling images. It also flows nicely, like music. Throughout this piece is a beautiful and masterfully woven web on intricate, passionate waves that make everything blend together so beautifully. I love your use of similies and metaphores.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2009

Author

Melissa L. Hennessy
Melissa L. Hennessy

MD



About
This is who I am and where I am going. http://www.poemhunter.com/melissa-hennessy/poems/ more..

Writing