Suicide's Last Wish

Suicide's Last Wish

A Story by Mackenzie
"

A sad short story about living life because you will regret it if you don't.

"
Before you read, let me introduce myself. I am death. I have decided to keep a journal of deaths that make me feel emotion. I am doing this because after having this “job” for so long I rarely feel anything, you could consider me apathetic. These deaths can make me sad, mad, angry, and maybe even happy. The only requirement for them to be in this journal is they must make me feel an emotion.
I watch people as they die. Many can not be prevented. Sadly, many come to me too young. I was met with two sad, but intriguing deaths today. Around two in the afternoon, a twelve year old girl, let’s call her Luna, committed suicide, which happens more than it should. She had overdosed on Advil after texting her closest friends goodbye. One friend was in class when she received the notification. The fifteen year old, let’s call her Melody, looked at her phone to be met with the news that Luna was not likely to make it.
She asked to go to the bathroom where she stood and cried for a little while. She splashed cold water on her face and went back to class as a shadow of the person she was before. Melody sat there contemplating what to do without the one person that kept her alive and gave meaning to her life. She wrote out some of her feelings, but it would never be enough.
As she got home, she found a note that reminded her how little her family seemed to care. She got fed up and decided to be done. She didn’t want to be alive anymore. She didn’t see a reason. She hurriedly wrote a note for family and friends, then grabbed her dad’s beer out of the fridge and drank it all. When she was drunk she found herself with a gun pointed at her head. She slowly pulled the trigger until the gun fired. Melody was gone and her family came home to find her dead on the floor with a few beer cans around her. 
You may ask why these deaths intrigue me and the truth is that this is the first time someone’s death has caused someone to commit suicide in the same day. It is sad and as much as I hope it will never happen again, I doubt that will happen. The suicide rate in kids 12-19 is 11%, which doesn’t seem like that much but trust me it is.
It is the next day at noon and I must add more to this story. This morning they woke up and made themselves breakfast. They washed the dishes and folded the laundry. Both fell in love. Not with each other or the popular kid at school, but with the flowers and the fall leaves in the morning sun. They watched as a shared friend that used to believe in unicorns and aliens tried hard to believe they still existed. 
They sat in the park and watched an elderly couple read of their death in the newspaper. Melody watched in shock as her parents held her possessions close until they turned dark with sweat and tears. Luna watched her siblings walk around hopelessly wondering why she did it. They both watched as their pets searched everywhere waiting for them to come back.
The morning after they killed themselves, they went to the morgue. They tried to talk sense into the bodies they knew would never respond. The morning after they killed themselves, they tried to unkill themselves. The sad part is I could do nothing but watch and open my arms to give them a hug. 
They still wish they hadn’t done it, but they are more at peace now. Their families are still close, but definitely different people. The only question the families have at this point is whether the difference in them is good or bad. 
If you ever find these journals as a living, mortal human, please help other people. Share these people’s stories and don’t make the same mistake they did. Just because you want to die now or don’t see the reason in life doesn’t mean you won’t in the future. Live your life how you want to, within reason, and don’t let yourself be swayed by other people. These are last wishes of suicide the one thing that wants to die but never will.
(P.S.)- The updates are me fixing errors because I suck at fixing them all at once.

© 2021 Mackenzie


Author's Note

Mackenzie
I would love feedback if you have any. Good or bad it doesn't matter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on November 17, 2021
Last Updated on November 17, 2021
Tags: Sad, Suicide, Story

Author

Mackenzie
Mackenzie

North East, PA



About
I am a 15 year old working on a novel and writing short stories, poetry, and anything I feel like writing. I also enjoy composing music. I hope you like my work! more..

Writing
The New Me The New Me

A Poem by Mackenzie