A Letter for

A Letter for

A Story by Philosophile. (Maddy)
"

about the current state of things.

"

            I think it’s quite humorous to be accused of things that have nothing to do with you. For example: A supposed friend decided today that I’ve been “hacking” into her account and other things of no importance. When I first read her little diddy, I was taken aback. It was a genuine “WTF” kind of moment. Thus, we are friends no more. By her hands alone, though, as I haven’t even been able to defend myself against her ridiculous claims yet.

            I guess that’s what I’m doing now, but in a way I’m not. I feel that I don’t have to justify myself to anyone, but I’ll tell you one thing: never have I been so bored with my life that I would have to stoop to being someone else. Besides, where would I find all of this time to do that? Finals are coming up, I maintain a perfect 4.0, I’ve been drawing, and of course my writing. There’s really no time for such a thing. Also, I’m technologically dumb in that regard.

            Her accusations seem to fly out of nowhere, but I don’t mind. I love the irony in this situation. She is so convinced that she’s correct that she refuses to see the truth. Although the human condition is to be blind to the truth, this is a little ridiculous and verging into a state of paranoia. I wish I could be there to see her face when she realizes how off she was with this little thing. So I’m sitting here, calmly listening to Aural Vampire, and giggling at how much I’ve matured over the years. If this said individual had ran into me a couple of years back and pulled this, I wouldn’t be able to control myself. Now, however, I’m eerily calm and still happy. 

            That might be due to my religion which is more of a mutt than a defined state. I invented my own religion in chemical formula style.  It emphasizes a state of internal peace, doing unto others, and enjoying the small things. I call it ‘Maddyism.’ I’m off topic and I feel as if I should be upset about these groundless accusations, but I can’t bring myself to be. I’m so happy, and it’s the strangest experience.

            At times, I feel guilty for not caring as much as I probably should. She, however, can take nothing from me that I am unwilling to part with.* I have all I need: Pen, paper, books, a bed… life’s just okay. Though it’s not too okay as I’m still the bleeding heart I’ve always been. I love to write. I love it so much, just thinking about it has me becoming misty-eyed as it’s such a pure love. With writing, I don’t think I’ll ever be unhappy again.

            I understand I’m an easy target, and why wouldn’t I be? Eccentricity does that to you and I’ve dealt with it all my life. The past is nothing to dwell on, I just look towards my future filled with paper mazes and ink. I look towards the future, no matter what odd characters I come in contact with.  

           

 

© 2008 Philosophile. (Maddy)


Author's Note

Philosophile. (Maddy)
You're probably wondering what's with the asterisk. It's there because the previous sentence is a twist on one of Hamlet's lines.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Don't lose your invidual self, Maddy. Don't sumberge yourself in all your writing, although it may give you comfort. Life is hard, and it always has it's steep climbs. We can do this, just live life with the rosponsibility you think is best for you and try to take advantage of your writing. Don't ever think of yourself as somone else, for if you do, you lose your sanity. And, don't EVER let people take advantage of you. Just try and wonder, "Why would they think that?" Look at the issues from all sides, all points-of-view, and decide what you think would be the best thing to do.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Don't lose your invidual self, Maddy. Don't sumberge yourself in all your writing, although it may give you comfort. Life is hard, and it always has it's steep climbs. We can do this, just live life with the rosponsibility you think is best for you and try to take advantage of your writing. Don't ever think of yourself as somone else, for if you do, you lose your sanity. And, don't EVER let people take advantage of you. Just try and wonder, "Why would they think that?" Look at the issues from all sides, all points-of-view, and decide what you think would be the best thing to do.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This always happens to me!! I swear, it's so frustratiing. I need to learn to be at the state of peace and smiles where you are. Thanx a unch for posting!!

~Qu33n B Cullen~

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

@If this said individual had ran into me a couple of years back and pulled this, I wouldn't be able to control myself. Now, however, I'm eerily calm and still happy. "

Good !!!!!
me too as it happens :)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 2, 2008
Last Updated on December 2, 2008

Author

Philosophile. (Maddy)
Philosophile. (Maddy)

stockton, CA



About
The above is a picture I took. Taking pictures makes me happy. Editing also done by me as I am an editing nerd. I've been into picture snapping as of late. Ella stole my heart one day with her .. more..

Writing