Rain

Rain

A Poem by To be scene To be heard

Little droplets of rain kiss my cheeks.
Soaking my cloths.
Drenching my hair.
But I do not wish to go inside.
For I love to watch the rain.
Falling from its cloud.
Smacking the ground.
Making pitter patter sounds.
Blurring the trees.
As more falls. Cascading down.
A thought enters my mind.
Why shall the sky cry?

© 2012 To be scene To be heard


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A piece destined to become a classic. I just can envision this one studied in an English classroom someday like Thoreau, Wordsworth and Dickinson.... Word choice is grand...'little droplets'...the drenched hair...'Smacking the ground'...'pitter patter sounds'...'Blurring the trees'.... And the profound concluding last line... No accommodations need to be made relative to age as this work of art is befitting of anyone and everyone. Marvelous job! :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A beautiful poem. I like the description. made me wish to be young and walk in the rain again. Thank you for the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this. Sweet in a melancholy way :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Lovely flow. very nice. i love how you wrote it. Rain can be like this..
it's as if the sky is sad and wishes to express her sadness by raining..
Great job!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow this is just wonderful! great wording and beautifully put:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was awsoome. I love the rhythum of the poem especiallly since the words you used made it slide through my mind, I love it when poetry works like that.

Posted 11 Years Ago


very amazing... speechless... a very great write, but I have no words....

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice piece 2b. My interpretation of why the sky cries is the same as why a being of any sort cries, to refresh the soul and wash away old pains. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the imagery you have created through the use of words—it’s a work of art! :D also the last line is particularly my favourite.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Awesome! You do an amazing job with imagery. And I agree with the person before me; the last line was really nice. :)
-Aud

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6883 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 15, 2012
Last Updated on May 15, 2012


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..