A Bad Day

A Bad Day

A Story by MadiLeigh

 Death is easy.

 

 I didn't intend on dying. I never really ever thought of it. It was just one of those bad days that everyone forgets. No one would remember.

 

 It was December and cold as I walked home from school. Despite the chill, I was content. I loved the peacefullnes of being alone. This time of day was my escape from everything.

 

 It had been raining alot that week and the sun was hidden behind the clouds, it was getting dark outside and it was only 3pm. In the need to get home soon, I decided to take my usual shortcut. I turned into the woods and was soon hidden by the trees. No light shined through. It was dark. I went in several circles until i noticed I was lost. Scared, I ran and ran crying. I was having a bad day. I stepped onto some thin ice without knowing and broke through.

 

 The water filled my lungs quickly and I sunk deeper and deeper. I was cold, numb, and alone. I could see everything clearly though. Wasn't life supposed to flash by at a time like this? All I could see was death staring me in the face.

 

 I was dying.

 

 Suddenly my head broke the surface and I could breathe. I was in the middle of a pond. I was several yards away from the shore. I tried to swim but I didn't get anywhere. My muscles were sore and frozen and I was to tired to keep trying.

 

 I floated in the water and let my body freeze over. Suddenly, I felt to heavy and began to sink back under. I was to weak to fight back. The water bursted through my ears and I screamed. Water rushed through my lungs and then...I was dead.

© 2010 MadiLeigh


Author's Note

MadiLeigh
Again I wrote this very quickly. It was just one of those moments when you need to write something.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2010

Author

MadiLeigh
MadiLeigh

Glendale, AZ



About
My name is Madi and I am a teen beginner author. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words but I'm working on it. I have a lot of great ideas for stories, if only I could find a way to actual.. more..

Writing