Untouched By Time

Untouched By Time

A Story by MadiLeigh

It felt great to be here, away from the city lights, in this quiet and peaceful town of Els Avets. It is so little but beautiful. The mountains stretched endlessly across the sky and the air was fresh. Nature was everywhere I looked. I pitied the tourists who never get to see this.

 

I was thousands of miles away from home in New York, but I didn't feel homesick. Strangely, I didn't think I wanted to leave. It is so different here, strangers greet eachother and stop to help one another. There is just something about this place that seems timeless.

 

I sat on stone stairs leading up to the church. The building itself was amazing, the history behind it was forever preserved in the stone walls. I opened my journal, wanting to write about what was around me, but no words could discribe it.

 

The vast land was empty of factories or any sort of building I would find back home. The grass was so green and soft I could sleep out here everynight. I felt at peace for the first time in so long. I felt like myself.

 

Several birds flew up ahead and there were a few natives walking around, chatting cheerfully in their beautiful language. How could their be so much beauty in this world that goes unnoticed?

© 2010 MadiLeigh


Author's Note

MadiLeigh
my promt for this one was an old stone staircase...and this is whatI got :) really doesn't have much to do about a staircase though

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, it's very reminiscent of places I have never even seen... but wished I would.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

MadiLeigh
MadiLeigh

Glendale, AZ



About
My name is Madi and I am a teen beginner author. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words but I'm working on it. I have a lot of great ideas for stories, if only I could find a way to actual.. more..

Writing