Beautiful Summer Day

Beautiful Summer Day

A Story by MadiLeigh

It was a nice day. I was raking leaves outside my grandmother's home. The air was nice and the sky was clear. The mountains in the distance seemed to gleam with their beauty.

 

A few friendly neighbors were outside. An old couple were sitting on a bench, reading together. A few kids were running and riding their bicycles in the street. One girl though, seemed to stand out.

 

She was young, no more than five years old. She had long curly brown hair with a golden tint to it. Her eyes were a stunning green. Her face was so pale and lovely, like the face of an angel. She was sitting alone in her front yard, playing in leaves.

 

It was shocking that she remained unnoticed. Her playful giggles were soft but audible. She was wearing a pink sundress with a kitten on the front. I smiled at her, she reminded me so much of myself when I was young.

 

I envied the unknown child. She was so carefree and had no worries. I stopped my work to watch her play. She seemed to notice me after a while and stared back. I was afraid I scared her, but then I saw her smile. She waved her small hand towards me and resumed playing. I laughed at this darling child and went back to raking leaves on this beautiful summer day.

© 2010 MadiLeigh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on May 17, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010

Author

MadiLeigh
MadiLeigh

Glendale, AZ



About
My name is Madi and I am a teen beginner author. I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words but I'm working on it. I have a lot of great ideas for stories, if only I could find a way to actual.. more..

Writing