For a Very Long Time

For a Very Long Time

A Story by maelasin

For a Very Long Time

 

He grasped the air with his hands and held it for a very long time. He waited for something to happen, but nothing had happened for a very long time. He watched the sky move slowly and the sun shine brightly. He closed his brown eyes and wiped the tears from his cheeks. Dante listened to the mourning dove on the pine tree next to him, while sitting on ground on his teared red cloak.

Matteo came striding through the leaves and branches and saw Dante. He came closer and stood next to him "Dante, what are you doing here?" he asked.

Dante looked at him for a second and looked back at the pine trees. "I needed some air, the cave made me feel sick."

 

Matteo sat next to him and waited. He waited for a very long time. "I guess it's nice to take it easy sometimes, you're usually the hardest worker out of all of us." Matteo said, and he closed his eyes for a while. He closed his eyes for a very long time.

Dante looked to his left to see Matteo, with his eyes closed and brown hair shimmering in sunlight. Dante looked to his right to see Pietra, but she wasn't there. He looked to his right for a very long time. He remembered why she wasn't there, but he tried to forget why she wasn't there. He looked away from his right. Dante stood up, patted his cloak from the brown leaves, and went striding through the path that Matteo went through. "I think we should go back to the cave." He said to Matteo.

Matteo looked behind him and saw Dante. "Go ahead, I will come soon. Be careful, it's almost night time." Matteo laid in the leaves and closed his eyes again.

 



Dante closed the shabby door of the cave entrance and walked deeper into the cave. The cave echoed for a very long time. It was a large entrance, and the light from the torch on the rocky wall flickered quietly, but it echoed in the cave softly. Dante was tired, He could not work anymore. He spent more time in the cave than taking breaks during the day, but he didn't want to stop working. He continued walking down into the cave until he couldn't see any light. When he looked back, the entrance was gone, and the light wasn't there for him. Dante continued walking deeper into the cave for a very long time.

The cave echoed with a voice. Dante had recognized the voice, but he couldn't figure out whose voice it was. The voice came closer, and the cave echoed with the voice. He couldn't see where the voice was coming from. The echo distorted around Dante. He stood still, and the voice stopped echoing. He stood still for a very long time. Dante looked to his left and saw nothing, then he looked to his right and hoped to see nothing, but someone was staring at him from a distance. He couldn't see who it was. He slowly walked towards it, hoping that it wouldn't hurt him. The voice echoed again. Dante looked away, but it attacked him. He fell down and his sword flew into the dark. He tumbled and his hand caught him, but it sounded like a crunch. He yelled, and rolled on his back to look back at it. It was coming closer to Dante, and he closed his eyes.

 

"Dante!" someone shouted.

Matteo tackled it from the side and they rolled down the cave. Matteo took out his sword and stood in front of Dante. The creature swayed his sword from him and stabbed Matteo with its arm. Matteo yelled in pain and looked at the creature. The creature threw Matteo against the rocky wall and went to Dante. Dante picked up Matteo's sword and stood up while in pain. The creature ran towards Dante. He charged towards the creature and stabbed it. The voice echoed loudly through the cave, like a thunder strike rippling through the roots of a maple tree. The dark creature shined from the stab and blew up like a giant smokey gas bomb. Dante coughed and flayed the smoke away.

 

"Matteo?" Dante cried. He looked around the cave for him.

 

Matteo coughed and groaned in pain. "Dante . . ." he softly said. "Are you okay?" Matteo tried to get up, but the wound was very deep.



Dante ran towards Matteo and looked at the blood on the ground. It was red and steaming, as if a cup of tea was spilled through the cafe, running down the cracks of the wooden floor. Dante tried to stop the blood from dripping. His eyes began to tear up, and his hand was covered in his blood. "Matteo, why?" Dante asked. He carried Matteo to the cave entrance with heavy steps. The cave did not echo. Dante stumbled passed the shabby door as he held Matteo. Matteo looked back, and saw a trail of his own blood from the dark cave. He looked to his right, and the torch on the rocky wall flickered softly. He looked to his left, and saw Dante crying, with blood smeared on his red cloak. He looked at Dante for a very long time.

Dante was tired. He could not move anymore, but he wouldn't stop moving. He knew that if he stopped moving, the same thing would happen. He tried to forget it. He didn't want to lose another friend. Dante looked back at Matteo. He was smiling with his eyes closed, He thought he was dying, but he didn't know why he was smiling. Dante tried to move as fast as he could to get home. It was almost morning, and the sky was moving slowly.

Matteo listened to the mourning dove, and waited for something to happen for a very long time.


"Dante, put me down here." Matteo finally said. He let go of Dante's arm.

 

 

Dante looked at Matteo and laid him down on the brown leaves and branches. The pine trees swayed left and right, while the sun drove closer above them. Dante closed his eyes and listened to the mourning dove. Matteo looked to his left and saw Dante with his blood soaked cloak, then he looked to his left to see Pietra, sitting next to him with her brown hair flowing in the wind. He smiled, and close his eyes. Dante opened his eyes, and tears fell from his face. He looked to his right, and saw Matteo with his hand grasping the air. He held it for a very long time. He waited for something to happen for a very long time.

Dante held Matteo's hand as the sun shined brightly above the blue and yellow sky. "Matteo, what are you doing here?" he asked with a shaky voice. He waited for something to happen for a very long time. He waited for Matteo to say something, for a very long time. The mourning dove flew away, and the sky moved slowly. "I guess it's nice to take it easy, sometimes." he said. Dante looked towards the pine trees and closed his eyes, for a very long time.

 

© 2015 maelasin


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 9, 2015
Last Updated on September 9, 2015
Tags: Tragedy, Romantic, Sad, Drama, FAVLT, Maelasin, Dante, Matteo, Pietra

Author

maelasin
maelasin

서울, �™�담동, South Korea