No Present

No Present

A Story by Galldora King
"

A writing assignment that said to write about celebration. Well reunion is celebration right?

"

            As Lea got up at midnight, she thought of all the presents she would be getting today. Oh just to open them. Her tiny hands, anxious to grab anything with her name on it. She was sleepy. But it didn’t matter. Not when it was Christmas. She would be the only child down there. It used to be her brother too. But when they drafted him, he went, but no matter now.

Her tiny feet dashed down the stairs and slid towards the Christmas tree. It was cold and snow had already started to fall outside the window. It was such a pleasant sight, but little Lea had other things in mind. A huge pile of presents lay under the tree. She smiled, mom must have picked most of these out.

Before anyone knew it she had opened every present in sight, except the one that would grant her the biggest happiness. The last box was wrapped with blue wrapping paper and a gold bow, her breath slowed. This was it. John had sent this. He did so every year. His present was always last only because it was so good. As her hands trembled and a tiny tear rolled down her cheek she opened it and let out a huge gasp. A picture of the two nesteled in the box. The picture was taken so very long ago, a picture with John and Lea, together. That was the day he got drafted.

He had said whenever you see this. “Close your eyes and I’ll be there.” She did close her eyes. “I’m here”, a voice said. She smiled. “I knew it…brother”, she whispered and hugged the huge body of mass that she could never forget. Her brother was home. And no present was bigger than that. No present.

© 2010 Galldora King


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on December 23, 2010

Author

Galldora King
Galldora King

About
I love reading books.I also write stories but never get to finish them. more..

Writing