A big round of applause for ‘Udaan’

A big round of applause for ‘Udaan’

A Story by Maitree Sharma
"

It was a fantastic experience watching ' Udaan'

"
Last Saturday, I and a close friend watched the movie, Udaan. Though till then, we had been really keen on watching Lamhaa starring Sanjay Dutt, Bipasha and Kunal Kapoor; we changed our mind owing to the rave reviews of Udaan. The movie had been critically acclaimed and very well received by the general public at large. And honestly, we didn't regret changing our mind for this one. The movie sincerely deserved the praise and response it fetched.

The simplicity of the movie is what is very attractive. It allows the audience to slowly connect with the characters therein, while the story unfolds. Be it the locales of Shimla and Jamshedpur or the extremely acrimonious dialogues between a father and a son, every single sequence in the movie spells out naturalness, unlike the deliberateness stuffed in for commercial success.

Vikramaditya Motwane, had really done commendable job, because making the audience fit in the frame work of the story till the end is really a tough task. Ronit Roy seems to have worked really hard for the character of the father. The cruelty and the indifference to a child's pain has been brought out phenomenally well by him that moves everyone who must have been a father once. Ram Kapoor was another mind-blowing actor that I appreciated and that doesn't deserve to be left out. On the whole, the movie stands out for the performance of every single artist, irrespective of the role that he played, which together contribute to its success.

In a nutshell, Udaan is not a movie to be watched; rather a movie to be experienced. A must-watch for every father, every child. Truly enjoyed it.

© 2010 Maitree Sharma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 21, 2010
Last Updated on July 21, 2010

Author

Maitree Sharma
Maitree Sharma

Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India



About
Born to Play, Forced to be an Engineer, Passionate to be a Writer. Currently working as a Copywriter with a Creative Ad Agency, Fresh Lime Soda Creatives. more..

Writing