Letter to my dearest friend

Letter to my dearest friend

A Poem by mako1030
"

Just a letter to a friend of mine

"
Things are different now. You're growing closer to others and I'm growing farther away from you. You're discovering yourself and I'm sitting here watching the world go by without me. You can tell me all you want that we're still best friends, that you still care about me, or that we'll never leave each other, but we already did. And I'm stuck holding onto something that doesn't exist anymore. And I can wish all I want that things could go back to the way they were, but something changed over the summer and it's not going to change back. It's like you've grown bored of me. And now I'm just slowly fading from the world and maybe, just maybe, if someone would reach their hand out and pull me back into the world, people would see me again. But no one does it, and while I keep fading out, people stop seeing me. I don't want to be invisible. But what do I do? No one hears me when I speak. No one sees me when I'm hurt. No one feels it when I tap them on the shoulder, trying to get their attention. I'm jut simply invisible, and maybe you can still see me, but I would never be able to tell anymore.

© 2016 mako1030


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on November 20, 2016
Last Updated on November 20, 2016
Tags: sad, deep, letter, friend, friends, driftingapart, changing, peoplechange, society, friendsdriftingapart, sorrow

Author

mako1030
mako1030

Wayne, PA



About
I am new to writing novels, and am currently working on my first one. I have lots of good ideas for stories, but I'm not the best at putting them to pen and paper unless they are short stories. more..

Writing
Changes Changes

A Poem by mako1030