Hobgoblin wind

Hobgoblin wind

A Story by mak
"

This is a free version of a legend from the Huarpes, native people who lived on the high plateau of the Andes range.

"


The wind came down the slope of the mountain in a rage! There was a thousand voices in its whisper and its howl!

People hid into their dwellings scared from the terrible destiny that would befall on them if the wind reaches their souls!

While humans cowed into their houses, the wind took possession of the little town on the shoulder of the plateau and gathered in whirl after whirl, all things loose and all those unfortunates beings who had not time to dive into their places.

For some hours there was only the crying of those spirits owned by the wind, lamenting their fate!

Then as suddenly as it began, the howling faded into the the painful muttering of the doomed, and the wind climbed back into the narrow valleys of the mountain losing its strength and burying its multiple voices in the silent massive range!

© 2011 mak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on October 23, 2011
Last Updated on October 23, 2011
Tags: wind, legend, beliefs, microstory

Author

mak
mak

Mainly Skokie, but I travel a lot., IL



About
*Born? Yes! * Basic School smooth and uneventful. * BS and MS in Electronics.* *I have journeyed up and down this our exquisite and hapless planet. * Now, I relax getting language balance.. more..

Writing
A place to rest A place to rest

A Poem by mak


Summon Summon

A Poem by mak


It is mine! It is mine!

A Story by mak