A Note

A Note

A Chapter by Mal Shelton

This is a fanfiction work/unofficial sequel to Katherine Applegate's Animorphs series, and as such, there are several ideas and concepts featured within that are entirely her creation, and I do not take credit for them. 

Having stumbled onto the books by happenstance at 11-years old, I have since then held a deep admiration for them throughout the years (or as I like to say, for such loves that can't be helped, it's "in the bones"), and it's quite possible that their influence ultimately spurred in me a desire for writing fiction. 

I find it very unfortunate that such a beloved, influential series never received the proper treatment or respect I felt it always deserved, and I hope that one day, someone will see it for the wondrous, albeit dark adventure that it is. 

I have read many stories in my years of growing up, though most are since forgotten. However, a few of them have continued to stay with me, ingrained in the mind by the power of their words, their imagery, and the very characters and worlds that beckon a reader into its pages. This is my love letter to one of those stories.  


© 2017 Mal Shelton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this note !!
commendable writing and way of expressing is quite different

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
1 Review
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on April 22, 2017
Tags: fantasy, fanfiction, mystery, science fiction, animorphs, nineties, nostalgia, sequel


Author

Mal Shelton
Mal Shelton

OK



About
Mal Shelton is an American fantasy writer living in Central Oklahoma. When not writing, she is visiting her favorite park, planning that eventual road-trip, scribbling notes on a scrap of paper, or dr.. more..

Writing