The After -full description/"back-cover copy"

The After -full description/"back-cover copy"

A Chapter by Mal Shelton
"

Because the description system on WritersCafe is... not that great :/

"

<My beloved Leena,

It is to my deepest sorrow that we must part ways. I have been your master and protector for the better part of 20 years. Almost from the moment the War ended - though tonight, one might think otherwise. Tonight, I am hunted mercilessly by an old enemy - and I'm afraid he's gotten the better of me. The pain he's inflicted is more than I can hardly bear nor describe, but I would much rather save you from knowing it. I fear my time is short. I fear the way in which my life might end - though I fear it being spared so much more.

But I have a plan for you, my dear Leena-Castant-Corain. Not far from where I stand is a young human utterly unaware of my presence. I know your feelings towards strangers, but I am counting on you - no, I'm ordering you - to continue our search without me. You are to bond with this human in much the same way you have bonded with me. You must reveal the contents of our every search and venture to him - because he's going to carry you now. And he will be lost unless you show him the way.

I have invested too much of myself towards finding the missing Eight. I know now where they are, and I believe without a doubt that they can be reached. You have all the answers you need - I have given them to you. Everything now rests on your cooperation and trust of the human creature who will take my place.

My enemy seeks to take you away. If he succeeds, then history will undoubtedly repeat itself. If I fail in bringing him down, he will assuredly pursue you to relentless means. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is that neither of you fall into his hands.

You have been a cherished companion to me, and I would hope that you continue to serve your new master in the same way you have served me. Finding the Eight depends on the two of you working together - otherwise this task can never be accomplished, and they will never see rescue. Please remember that.

Farewell.>



© 2017 Mal Shelton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow wow wow
very interesting
well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mal Shelton

7 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
1 Review
Added on February 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 11, 2017
Tags: fantasy, fanfiction, mystery, science fiction, animorphs, nineties, nostalgia, sequel


Author

Mal Shelton
Mal Shelton

OK



About
Mal Shelton is an American fantasy writer living in Central Oklahoma. When not writing, she is visiting her favorite park, planning that eventual road-trip, scribbling notes on a scrap of paper, or dr.. more..

Writing
A Note A Note

A Chapter by Mal Shelton