Dray

Dray

A Story by Manda
"

This is the story about a little boy that touched my heart when I was 9 years old...I will never forget him.

"
The recess bell rung loud, and so did the screams of delight. The other kids scrambled to put their things in their desks, tie their shoes, and rush outside before any teacher told them not to run down the hall. I grabbed my book and was ready to walk out of Mrs. Bauhmgartener's classroom when Dray stopped me. 
     "Hi, Amanda," he said, obviously nervous. "Mrs. Bauhmgartener, could I talk to Amanda for a few minutes?"
     My beloved and sweet teacher smiled her very wrinkled smile and nodded to Dray. She quietly walked out the door, and waited across the hall by the library.
     As puzzled as I was to have Dray talking to me alone, I didn't feel awkward as I might if that currently happened to me. Dray was my age, 9 years old, and he had cancer. I'm not sure what kind exactly, but I do know that I was the kind that made you weak, very sick all the time, and would eventually kill you. I like Dray because he was sweet, kind, and mild. He would always do his work like he was supposed to, played with everyone he could, and always smiled. It breaks my heart to remember him, my height, dark hair, grey eyes, and freckles. I remember his mom was a waitress at a restaurant I liked to go to because they were famous for pigs in a blanket. His dad died earlier, and it was just the two of them. I remember asking his mom about Dray whenever she brought us our meal. But now, he was standing right in front of me, no third party messengers...just the two of us in that classroom.
     Dray moved closer to me, and smiled that timid smile. He grabbed my hand gently, and held it for a brief moment. 
     I cannot actually remember what he said to me, since this was almost 15 years ago, but I do remember him placing a delicate necklace in  my hand with a colored gem dangling from it. He then told me that It was for me, because I was so pretty and that I was special to him.
     To this day I can remember that little boy's smile and how i wish I could see him again. It's been years, and I honestly don't know what became of him, but I hope that I can see him at least one more time. 

© 2012 Manda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012

Author

Manda
Manda

Albuquerque , NM



About
I'm terrible at these "about me" things. Well, I'm a worker at a daycare on her way onto becoming a teacher and writer. My quirky sense of humor,love for morbid and disturbing horror, and familiarity .. more..

Writing