gone

gone

A Poem by amanda

as i sit crying
i ponder what i did wrong
for you to scream and yell,
you took the wine and walked away
i felt your pulse and there was none
i wish i could tell you im sorry
but your gone
gone

© 2012 amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this. I love how it was so short and straight to the point, you don't get those very often anymore. It's a sad poem, though I can't actually feel very much of the emotion. Maybe I'm just not a very emotional person, but for this poem I find that you have to be able to relate in order to feel what the said person in your poem is feeling.
Normally I would find the lack of capitalization bothersome and/or careless/lazy but here I find it really works even if it was of the latter reasons there are no capital letters.
The fifth line kind of kind of edges me the wrong way. You say 'i felt your pulse and there was none'. This is kind of an oxymoron, it's crossing itself out if you know what I mean. First you're saying that you feel the pulse but at the same time it isn't there. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this or if it's just a little mistake. In order to make it more clear you could revise this line, change it to something like 'i felt your pulse but then there was none'. Like a follow up of the line before it, the pulse has disappeared with the person. Or, because the person has already left in the line before maybe 'you' are trying to feel the pulse but it's not there.
Anyway, I really enjoyed this, all it needs is a tiny bit of revising. I hope to read more of your work soon, which I probably will. Great job and keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear amanda,

An interesting piece. Quite a mature topic for one so young. Again a concise piece about an emotion-charged situation.

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great poem. It leaves the reader feeling what's in your heart, and it's great that you can do that. It's short and simple, yet wonderfully elegant. I can see it all happening in my head...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very emotional and switched from each one very nicely. Great poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There's a lot going on in this poem even though it is shorter. I can almost picture the events occurring. Sometimes, the problem with writing a shorter poem is that you leave the reader unsatisfied with the poem as a whole. I think if you elaborated on certain aspects of the poem (ex:"took the wine and walked away...") then the poem would be even better. Nice try though. It has potential. Just edit it a little.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2012
Last Updated on July 12, 2012

Author

amanda
amanda

About
im a 12 year old girl i started poetry in fifth grade and i used to throw them away because nobody read them so im glad i now have people who like writing as much as i do more..

Writing
alice alice

A Chapter by amanda


jake jake

A Chapter by amanda


josh josh

A Chapter by amanda



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


i love you i love you

A Poem by amanda