India to surpass 400 million internet users by the end of 2015

India to surpass 400 million internet users by the end of 2015

A Story by Manthan Madrasi
"

India becoming second-largest Internet user base in the world will only lag behind China, which has more than 600 million subscribers.

"

India becoming second-largest Internet user base in the world will only lag behind China, which has more than 600 million subscribers.


The number of Internet users in India is expected to reach 402 million by December end, a growth of 49 per cent over last year, according to a report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International.


Fueled by a boom in smartphone ownership, the number of Internet users will reach to 402 million in December from 375 million in October, according to the trade group Internet and Mobile Association of India. China has about 650 million Internet users, according to the World Bank.


According to the report, 71 per cent male and 29 per cent female are Internet users in India. The Internet usage among males has been growing at a rate of 50 per cent while it is growing at 46 per cent for female users.


Interestingly, the report also reveals that out of all the Internet non-users surveyed in the 35 cities as part of this study, 11.4 million people are willing to access the Internet in the next one year and over 2/3rd of them intend to do so through mobile phones.


The IAMAI-IMRB survey was conducted across 35 cities including eight large metros and smaller cities, including Coimbatore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Ludhiana and Visakhapatnam.


Original Source: DSIM

© 2015 Manthan Madrasi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Hello Dear,
greeting from Miss Jennifer,My dear how are you doing i hope fine? I saw your profile today and feel to contact you and know more about you, please get back to me i promise to tell you more about myself and also send you my lovely pictures for you to know who i am OK,am waiting for your reply soon to my email address here (
[email protected])thank you and God bless you.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on November 25, 2015
Last Updated on November 25, 2015
Tags: digital marketing, advertisement, marketing, internet, Telecom

Author

Manthan Madrasi
Manthan Madrasi

Surat, Gujarat, India



About
Hi, This is Manthan Madrasi. I am working as a Business Developer in Diamond manufacturing job work company. I studied CA, MBA. I am kind of creative person and wanted to start my own Digital / Social.. more..

Writing