Lost Pieces

Lost Pieces

A Story by Margie F

Have you ever felt like you lost something? Something in the pit of your stomach pushing you to look around it. This is such a story.

I wake looking for something. Maybe my glasses, but here they are. The feeling is still there. Throughout the day and night, each day, I find myself looking. Missing. Something lost.

Eventually, my days of loss find me blue and exhausted. I am tired. Tired of looking, but yet, something drives me. Look more. It would really help if I knew WHAT I was looking for. Did I forget an appointment? Did I miss someone's birthday? Is there something I wanted to buy? Was there something I was going to do? While many of these answers may be yes, even when I complete them and move on, the feeling is still there. Something is lost.

I remember as a young girl watching a show entitled The Land of the Lost. I've watched it again as an adult and find it utterly humorous that I ever found the show entertaining. What I did realize though is there is a sense of being lost. Lost in a prehistoric, or somewhat magical place without understanding how things work, and how to protect yourself from the creepy walking lizards. I find myself avoiding the general population like they are creepy walking lizards. Content to be hidden behind the blinds of my home. Everything I need can be found here. Why would I need to venture any further?

So, maybe the sense of loss is from within instead of without. Yet, no. There is something that was once here and is now gone. I remember a feeling of having everything. It was a very happy place to be, then one day, it vanished. Without a trace. If it had been something tangible, surely there would be a remnant of it behind. An empty bottle, A crusty crack pipe. An empty box of cookies or chocolates. Yet, I find nothing lying around to remind me of what this thing is that I am missing. I am just lost.

Maybe one day I will find that which is lost, and I will feel complete again. 

© 2019 Margie F


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I empathize deeply with this one. Ya can't go back ...just move forward.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, lord, you've got me thinking now. Thinking and wondering what all I must be missing. I know of what you speak, alright. Complete--what's that? Nice work, my friend.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Margie F

4 Years Ago

Thank you Sam. What is really interesting and quite ironic, I forgot I was working on this piece and.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2019
Last Updated on September 19, 2019
Tags: friendship, gift, eternal, love, mystery

Author

Margie F
Margie F

GA



About
Artist, writer, and anything I want to be. My writing is original, and I DO NOT give consent for it to be copied, distributed or used in any way. more..

Writing
Regret Regret

A Poem by Margie F


Two Shots Two Shots

A Poem by Margie F


Yet Again Yet Again

A Poem by Margie F