alone

alone

A Story by marker_c
"

More ideas than a story

"

I feel so alone. Like there is no one to turn to. There are so many people who claim to ‘be there’ but never are. This is not necessarily their fault; I will be the first to admit that I despise the thought of asking for help, admitting a problem, especially something so airy fairy as feelings. However those that claim to be there shouldn’t be, they are not my closest friends, and I do not divulge my deepest darkest secrets to them or visit them just to say hi. All I have left are the people I party with, the people I went to school with and those that are more acquaintances than friends. I seem so friendly, FB is full of pictures and comments from those on my friends list. Yet I sit here feeling empty, looking at my phone, searching through my contacts and blindly opening dating sites. It is not a partner that I am seeking, it is not a life long love, relationship and companion. It is the feeling of being wanted and needed, being more than a number in some ones phone, an addition to the hundreds of friends that they have accumulated, collected. How did I become so isolated? I am a good person, I am funny and kind, I will give you time and anything in me. Generosity has been called my fault. However I am selfish and lazy, I dislike conflict and often pick the easy way out rather than fighting for what I want. This is probably my fault, that I kept them all at a distance, that those friends outside my bubble never made it further in. When I have found those that showed me the kindness I wanted, did I let it go at the first sight of effort.

 

Am I even worth fighting for? Shouldn’t those that know me, realize that I need persuasion and nurturing and I will hide at every opportunity. If you can see me enough to know these things, then can’t you fight when I run? Can’t you ask me to turn around and return to you?

 

I have no one to call mine. The last of my people, the ones who I did turn to, have left. Moved on with their lives, and started afresh. How wonderful they are, and how pleased I am that they are happy and content. Yet here I will stay. Waiting for my turn. If there is even a point.

© 2013 marker_c


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013
Tags: alone, friends, love, fight, wanted, needed, false

Author

marker_c
marker_c

New Zealand



About
I have always enjoyed writing and it has always been for me and the ones I Iove. I have a bad habit of writing down what I think/feel and not editing so would love some feedback. more..

Writing
Not to be Not to be

A Story by marker_c


questions questions

A Story by marker_c