Let's Talk Over Coffee

Let's Talk Over Coffee

A Stage Play by Marquise
"

Every morning the lives of 4 unique individuals begin at 6am and not a minute after. Charlene's chat and chew gets plenty of business these days.

"

"door to cafe swings open very fast as "vegan boy" as he's affectionate called runs in looking around for his other buddies."


Vegan boy: Aww crap...do not tell me I have to buy breakfast again for everyone?!?
 And how did you beat me here, Turner?!? Shouldn't you be helping your one-night stand get a cab home while wiping the applesauce outta your bed?

Turner: Hey man, I'm not into that anymore. Plus this current one-nighter couldn't stay the whole night. She said she needed to get home to daddy before she gets in trouble and any girl who cares about her father that much must be a nice girl. So there...

Chaz: Wait , wait... Turner. When you woke up did you check your wallet? 

Turner: No. Why would I do that? I gave her cab fair and my wallet looked fine at the time. Where are you getting with this?

Steffen: My 30-watt brained friend, what he is basically trying to say is that your one-nighter is community property in her neighborhood and daddy is the block captain if you know what I mean. 

Turner: Man, I know what you getting at! She ain't no prostitute sir! 
I only court my women-folk in thee most fly places. 

Vegan boy: So does the top floor of this fly place have an STD clinic?

Turner: The hell with all three of you! I hope you all stumble into a stampede of sheep fresh from scampering in a puddle of manure. 
Now pass me the damn bacon...

Vegan boy: On a more serious note Steffen, I'm glad you won partial custody of ya kid man, congrats,

Turner: Yeah man, in your situation that coulda easy went the other way and...

Steffen: Look I'm not in any damn situation. It's called a setback and I wish yall would stop calling it something else...But thank you for the support.

Chaz: I hear you Steff but where little man gonna sleep cause...

Steffen: Thank you, Chaz, he will be fine.


© 2016 Marquise


Author's Note

Marquise
just a short rough draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on October 18, 2016
Tags: coffee relationships, men women

Author

Marquise
Marquise

Philadelphia, PA



About
I don't consider myself a writer because I don't write often, but I have trouble putting words together when I want to express myself verbally. Writing is the one way I can do this successfully. I lov.. more..

Writing