Imagine Big, Believe in yourself & Achieve Everything

Imagine Big, Believe in yourself & Achieve Everything

A Story by Mary Christabel George
"

Have written something after really a very long time.

"

“Imagine something really big, believe in your potential & set yourself out there on a voyage to conquer the world & you shall be successful”. It’s easy said than done isn’t it? Let me share a story with you.


Long time back a young school boy was caught in a fire accident in his school. He was intensely injured. Even though he was rescued doctors had little hope that he could even survive for long. It was assumed that even if he survives he would remain crippled lifelong.



But this brave boy neither wanted to die nor he wanted to be crippled. Doctors were amazed to observe that he survived but unfortunately his lower body had lost mobility completely. His legs were lifeless. Finally he was discharged from the hospital but was confined to a wheelchair in his home.



It might have been so stressful for a young boy to feel that he cannot walk like before, he cannot play with his friends, he cannot go to school again, and he cannot stand up on his feet again. Life came crashing down on him & the family.



Somehow, his determination to walk was unbeatable. One day he threw himself from his wheelchair in the garden & started dragging his legs across the fence. With lot of willpower he tried hard to stand up. It pained him deeply but he did not give up. The matter of amusement is that not only did he stand up that day but also started walking since then.


His journey never stopped after that day. From walking down to school every day, he started participating in running competition in his school & one fine day this young man ran the world’s fastest mile in New York City’s famed Madison Square Garden, in February 1934.



Probably not everyone knows about Dr. Glenn Cunningham, but this was his story of imagining something really big, believing that this is possible & then achieving it. His story continues to inspire millions of people as he was an epitome of Positive thinking & believing in oneself.


If you do a Google search on the most inspirational & influential people in India or in the world, you shall come across many such names & you shall observe that most of them come from a very humble background or they have been school or college drop-outs or they witnessed several failures in life. But the interesting fact about these people is that they were never bogged down by the complications that life had to offer.


We tend to feel motivated by watching an inspirational movie not based on fiction but on real life stories, a biopic of an imminent personality, or may be by reading books on these real life heroes or may be a self-help book. But, what happens after that? We come back to our normal life, we start complaining about the things we are deprived of, about the amenities we were never born with.


Inspiration need not come from the things mentioned above but it can come from very common people from our vicinity who deny being mediocre but believe in themselves to be special. I have not just heard but seen a girl who lost one of her legs in an accident & later won a dance competition, a lady who lost her legs due to a mishap which occurred with her in a moving train but she had later climbed mountains & there are many more.



In the walk of life so many people give up having seen the hurdle. They tend to belittle themselves, they create self-doubt, they find no ray of hope but friends, Life is beautiful & we get it only once to make a difference. Human has immense potential, it is just that we need to figure out what our life goals are, how we need to reach there where we wish to see ourselves & never give up on strong willpower. All you shall realize at the end is that it is possible & sky is your limit.


Aren’t we confronted with struggles like loss of a job, loss of a loved one? Aren’t we tormented with the thoughts of economical crisis or emotional crisis? But how different have been the lives of people like Dr. Abdul Kalam, Albert Einstien, Thomas Alva Edison, Steve Jobs, Nelson Mandela, Willam Shakepeare, Martin King Luther, Abrahm Lincoln, Mother Teresa, Stephen Hawking or for that matter anybody whom you think to be your role model. If you think they have been super humans to carve niche in world history then you are equally one. Human has been bestowed with same potential, designed with the same craft of mind & body & no different. What creates the difference is the will to achieve what you believe.


© 2017 Mary Christabel George


Author's Note

Mary Christabel George
Need reviews friends.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's great give me a moment to applaud...haha
Thank yoou for sharing such a great emotion for motivation ....Thank you ....I totallly loved it...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mary Christabel George

6 Years Ago

Hi Surya..
I am glad you liked it.
Thanks :)
Mary, thanks for the great motivational piece. Written impeccably, the piece flows. Each line is appreciated so much. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mary Christabel George

6 Years Ago

Hi Divya,
Your feedback has always been important for me.
Thank you so much dear :)
This is a great piece of writing and quite motivating.
Recently I saw this movie" My left foot" it reminded me of that.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Mary Christabel George

6 Years Ago

I will try & watch this movie" My left foot".
Thank you so much Avinash.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2017
Last Updated on July 18, 2017
Tags: Inspiration

Author

Mary Christabel George
Mary Christabel George

Pune, Humanity, India



About
Only words & words that I have for you. And if you read my work, to take your heart away. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Just like... Just like...

A Poem by Blue


Confide Confide

A Poem by A. Amos


~ If ~ ~ If ~

A Poem by Frieda P