Poetry Found Dead

Poetry Found Dead

A Poem by Rosalind Gale

A report is coming in that a large amount of poetry has been found dead.

 

The poetry was found near Parliament Hill Fields early this morning by a man walking his dog. The man, a Mr Frost, said he normally does not take that particular route to the fields, but decided that morning to take the road less traveled by.

The Poetry Police say the poems were probably written sometime in the last ten years by people aged between 12 and 98, and who may or may not be poets. The poetry appears to have been savagely murdered.

 

The Po-Po also revealed that at this point they suspect the P.L.O (Poetry Liberation Organisation) The I.R.A (Intelligentsia Reviewing Association) and P.A.G.A.N (Poets against Gushing Appraisals & Narcissism.) The dead poetry is also being heavily linked to 'the internet.'

 

On the possible reasons for the unusually frenzied murder, a spokeswoman for the Poetry Police, Carol A. Duffy, said “Poetry is series of intense moments. I’m not dealing with facts, I’m dealing with emotion. This is perhaps why it is such a bloody mess over there.”

 

Rumors abound that the motive for the killing is linked to the possible torture the dead poetry might have administered on its readers within a ten year time frame. The Po-Po is unable to confirm or deny the rumor, but did say that there has been a lot of gang-poet related warfare recently. The violence has taken on many forms, from hurtful comments on ‘comments’ to outright ruthless stabbings via a computer keyboard. One poet was injured so badly that it took sixteen minutes for them to recover before carrying out their revenge with a sinister, yet skilful, use of a Haiku.

 

The Po-Po is appealing to the writing public for any information on the murdered poetry. In a statement released earlier they called for people to keep calm and carry on writing and appraising in whatever way they see fit, being always mindful that any further writing could result in yet more murdered poetry.

© 2014 Rosalind Gale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"In later news, the problem of unclaimed corpses caused by the poetry murders continues to escalate. It seems no one is willing to claim responsibility for the mangled words. A.S.P (Advocacy for Sub-par Poetry) has been asked to help with the problem, but spokesperson Feta Palaver told reporters earlier today, "...we have dealt with some terrible dead poetry, but this is a mess even we aren't equipped to clean up..."

This story had me laughing out loud. It is extremely clever and humorous. I didn't see "story" under the title, so I was expecting a poem. You have made my evening, Rosalind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

icaros13

11 Years Ago

I think a fanzine would be spectacular! It does make me wonder, though, if any of my poems are among.. read more
Lina Grey

11 Years Ago

Your's as well as mine. I like your poetry. You have an insightful and unique style that I, for one,.. read more
Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

well, I can hack mainframes, but apparently only the ones in the more insufferable dimensions, yet t.. read more



Reviews

very creatively written...almost murderously expressed...enjoyably deathly...

nice....

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I saw them. They went that way. There was a bunch of 'em. One of them was carrying a Haiku, still dripping blood.

To say this was brilliant is an understatement. What a clever way to express your point of view . . . and mine!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Great piece. I love the way this is written- I was laughing and smiling all the way through. Wonderful read. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thank you Jenn -
-x-
michelle

7 Years Ago

me too, agree completely, really funny. i love the Carol Ann Duffy Quote...THAT quote got shoved in .. read more
lol !! This is great !

Posted 11 Years Ago


I know the corpus well. Even in death, it pops up, insisting that it is still alive. Don't tell anyone, but my name has been linked among the suspects. This corpus will NOT be buried! And I will not mourn.


Posted 11 Years Ago


This was hilarious! XD This makes me realize that there's not very much humorous writing on this website that I've come across. We could def. use more than that, but writing a poem from the perspective of a newscaster reporting on murdered poetry to make fun of this site a little was...refreshing. I want to join PAGAN XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


"The Poetry Police have issued a public service announcement related to the Dead Poetry case. There has been a string of burglaries committed online in which large amounts of time have been stolen from unsuspecting readers in search of live poetry. The time thieves are thought to gain access to the victims' time by issuing excessive friend and read requests. Never before in the history of teen angst has there been such a blatant, shameless play for approval and attention. At first, authorities believed it was the work of a few individuals trying to dump the remains of dead poetry, but lately there has been a trend of these time thieves working together to distribute more decaying words. Some authors are taking up their Blunt Axes to help the Po Po End the Pursuit, but they may as well be Contact Juggling. While No Mortals Have Been Harmed as of yet, the problem is growing with each passing day."

My apologies, Rosalind. I do not mean to hijack your post. The thought came to mind and I couldn't resist...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Resistance would have been futile dear M -
-xxxx-
;)
icaros13

11 Years Ago




i have almost infinite stores of self control in almost all things but writing... read more
oh crap, I read this and never commented, twice, lol..ok this time I'm not leaving the phone, laundry and dishes can go to hell. hmmm what can I say that hasn't been said.lmao @Carol A. Duffy, said “Poetry is series of intense moments. I’m not dealing with facts, "I’m dealing with emotion. This is perhaps why it is such a bloody mess over there.” I love this even though you are probably talking about my poetry (squints skeptically at you with beady eyes) JK, maybe, hahaa, and even if you are it's true poetry is bleeding us all out, we are hacking it to death, except you of course you are using blunt axes for the dirty job of getting rid of the bodies, lolol, ok ok ok, I really am just kidding, if you only knew how much I love your writing. I LOVE YOU!!!!! hahahaa oxoxoxoxox

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

;))) -xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-
Oh WOW Miss Rosalind. I love this writing here so very much!! Your voice is truly authentic, and not once did you crack a smile while writing it. Nice to stumble across such a piece of humor. One that addresses a volatile social issue. The fall of traditional poetry!! OK - so probably this doesn't threaten the future of mankind or the environment, but still... Funny funny piece. Oh - and relevant to this place without a doubt!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

xxxxxxxx!
Oh gosh I love this haha. I like the stark yet subtleness of this piece. Not to mention it's remarkably creative. Also wonderful hidden references! (:

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thank you thank you!
-x-

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

794 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Soul Soul

A Poem by lee von cleef