Pink Floyd Played My Room

Pink Floyd Played My Room

A Poem by Rosalind Gale

Bloody cankerous psyche, shifting from one

Black lap of scrutiny, piercing,

To the lucid shriek of the altar -

To the sluice.

Flooded love's abuse, wave after wave.

My levee cracked, breached

By this glorious torrent,

Swilling along

His murderous maelstrom,

Of deplorable words, kicking, drowning.


All grown up and left home.


Oh to breathe easier

As I did when I was young and loved time -

And believed in road-makers,

And held sketch pads with lessons on how

To draw nondescript faces

And still life. And I would see concerts in my bedroom.

 

Before the cuckoo-man took me,

Before my vanes lost their power

And their will.

Before almost everything

Got killed.

© 2014 Rosalind Gale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was as strange when I was young as I am now...Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Wynton Marsalis, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, Albert King...those are the like that played my room. I was raised in a very strict Christian household, and rock was Satan's favorite tool to steal the souls of the young. I had a Walkman with headphones, however and I could listen and listen to Lucifer's lewd lyrics inconspicuously. In those days, I dreamed of moving to New Orleans and being a street musician. But that was before the "cuckoo woman" took me, (my ex wife; thought I should clarify) "Before almost everything got killed." Bloody hell, Rosa, you get better with each new write. This one took us for a ride that split the space/time continuum. From our idealistic youth to our jaded, disillusioned adulthood...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

We both know the 'cuckoo' - thank you dear friend. (I love Ella too, and Muddy Waters - "So glad I'm.. read more
icaros13

11 Years Ago

"My baby's long and tall
Shaped like a cannonball
And every time she loves me
Oh y.. read more
Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

Ella is a f*****g champion like van gogh



Reviews

Your own private concert band in the sanctity of your bedroom wow,,,at midnight hour!
Images brought to life like a moving shadow-lights music box beside the candelabra...
I have to learn the solo of 'Comfortably Numb, by saturday evening for the night show bazaar.



Posted 11 Years Ago


This took a bit of time to percolate through. Reminiscent of so many songs that "spoke to only me" as a hormone infused, bratty rotten confused young miss who thought she was the sh##.

Now I can listen and enjoy the shift in key or change up in The time sig. So many messes to walk through between ten and fifteen and twenty and near death and then thirty.... Something to here.

Glad I lived to tell (errr read) the tale.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very well constructed poem. The title alone dragged me in. Particularly liked the phrase 'His murderous maelstrom, Of deplorable words, kicking, drowning.' The final too lines deliver the 'killer' punch so well!



Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thanks John -
-x-
you're the best, you make words jump off the page, the scenes you create are amazing, the stories often sad but i never feel that you're feeling sorry for yourself. I wonder what it'd be like to spend a day in your head, you're incredible. thanku for writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love pink Floyd, all we are is another brick in the wall, I long for those carefree days as well, but I'm bringing them back again...cause we can do that , it's a matter of will and want to, it's a matter of not sweating the small stuff. love the trip this took me on ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thanks Spidey -
-xx-
I am stunned every time I read your poetry, holds such depths that I can only hope to aspire to!!!!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Poppy, thank you so very much, truly I appreciate your words -
-xxx-
Ruth

11 Years Ago

Most welcome love, I adore your work! xoxo
I love your poetry. You are not afraid to throw some punches. I like the directness of the poem.
"His murderous maelstrom,
Of deplorable words, kicking, drowning."
No weakness in this amazing poem. Thank you.
Coyote




Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote -
-xxx-
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Rosalind, I don't care about your 'line emphasis ect ect and all that s**t. What I love is your deep! Even if it's not so pretty you put it on the plate for your reader to decide if they wanna' eat! You are beautifully bold...even raw. It's your !Truth! that I will continue to read and marvel...and hope for :) Your release is as majestic as thunder. You are as brilliant as that! As you come to me at certain times, I come to you :) You are not 'killed' you live and breathe in every skillfully, penned piece of your soul!! A soul that exhales all over your viewers screen. You are breathing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

My dearest Lynn, I do not know what to say - except thank you and I am very moved by your words - th.. read more
What I like here is the very visual strong imagery, this is very well written, with a fine use of line emphasis ( All grown up....), and as a Pink Floyd Fan I love this ...
Great Poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Thanks Leslie -
-xx-
I like how this is about three different people.

"take time with a wounded hand, cause it loves to heal..
I'm half the 'b*****d' I used to be...."

the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

it's possible i've been drinking
Rosalind Gale

11 Years Ago

Only possible?
Shmoke-Sifted Heftlander

11 Years Ago

hard to remember, I've killed a lot of brain cells since then

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

443 Views
18 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on July 6, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Evoked Memory Evoked Memory

A Poem by Mark


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan