Secrets

Secrets

A Story by Mary Greenwell
"

Join Adamaris as her secrets make her life change forever.

"

“Tyler…” I begged laying on him like I always did at night.

“I’ve got to go Ada.” He whispered kissing me softly.

“No you don’t. My parents won’t be here to visit for another week. Everybody here is asleep.”

“Ada…” he moaned as I moved to straddle him.

“It’s just midnight.” I whispered kissing him softly, “I’m not tired…” I trailed off as he kissed me and then the kiss went deeper. “Have your father make it where we can go out tomorrow.” I begged him when he pulled away from my lips.

“I’ll try.” He promised tightening his arms, “We are supposed to go back to Valencia tomorrow.”

“Take me with you to visit.” I whispered moving closer to his chest.

“I don’t think your school would go for that.”

“You’re the Prince they have to agree.” I begged.

“I’ll try. That’s all I can promise.” He whispered kissing my head.

“I have class tomorrow morning so you have all day to convince them to let me go with you.” I smiled up at him.

“If you don’t go to sleep you’ll be sleeping all day instead of going to class and we both know what happens when you do that…” He trailed off with a chuckle when I snapped my eyes shut.

“Be nice.” I warned him, “I’ll make you go home.”

“No you won’t.” He whispered in my ear before kissing it and I used my lips to find his while keeping my eyes shut.

“Tyler…” I complained when he pulled away.

“You’re supposed to be sleeping.” He whispered.

“My eyes are closed.” I begged him.

“You have an hour before you are supposed to be up.” He argued, and I opened my eyes.

“So just give me one of those…”

“I saw how you reacted to a caffeine pill, Ada. You don’t get another one of those.”

“I’m going to be more wore out if I go to sleep now.” I shrugged laying across him, and he smiled but pulled me closer to him.

“Ms. Agricola!” My teacher, Mrs. Owens, snapped.

“Yes Mrs. Owens?” I asked immediately straightening, and picking up the right fork for the course that the cooks had just put out.

“Will you please answer my question?”

“I’m sorry Mrs. Owens I didn’t hear it.” I whispered knowing that the answer could get me into trouble.

“I will let that pass this once if you can tell me what the reading was over last night.” I smiled widely knowing that I had this one and any questions with it right.

“The royal family of Biar Castle in Spain.” I nodded.

“Tell me the whole family.” She ordered and I giggled, because she had no idea that I was being courted by the Prince of Biar Castle.  Of course, if she did she would have asked a different question and I would have gotten it wrong.

“There’s King James IV, Queen Elizabeth III of England, Prince James, Princess Lizie wife of Prince James, and of course Heir to the Throne…” I trailed off like in thought and my friends started trying to hide their giggles, “… Prince Tyler who is currently unmarried.” I finished smiling as I watched him walk into the room, but he smiled just a little at me as he heard my obvious point that he wasn’t single just unmarried.

“Prince Tyler of Biar Castle.” Mrs. Owens smiled and I quickly got up curtsying with everybody.

“Don’t Ada.” He shook his head, and I glared at him as I stood up knowing he’d just ruined my secret. “May I have a minute in private with Adamaris?” he asked under my glare and I realized that something was wrong so as soon as the room had cleared I ran into his arms wrapping mine tightly around him.

“Please tell me this is just a friendly visit.” I begged him.

“I’m taking you to Tennessee.” He whispered and I tensed. The only people that lived there that would require a special visit from him were my parents.

“What happened?” I whispered my arms falling from him.

“They found your sister.” He whispered tightening his arms, and I felt a tear fall into his chest. “Ada…” He whispered sadly.

“Don’t… don’t say it… I already know.” I begged him to just not tell me that it’d only been her body found.

“How do you know, Ada?” He asked carefully.

“I saw the…” I trailed off but just looked pointedly at him.

“The reason you were so scared when I first told you what I was.” He whispered pushing my head onto his chest, and holding me to where I’d get bruises.  I knew he was concentrating on the fact that I’d seen vampires attack my sister and that it could have been me. I was stuck on the fact that it should have been me, but I wouldn’t ever tell him that.

“I’d promised myself I wouldn’t cry when she was found.” I whispered on his family’s jet. “I thought that I’d moved on.”

“You’re doing well, Ada. Anyone would be upset after something like this happened.”

“I just ran, Ty.” I whispered, “She was saving my life and I just ran.” I felt more tears fall and he moved us to the couch so that he could hold me while I curled up into his chest.

“Everybody that young would do the same… you were terrified.”

“Which sister are you talking about, Ty?” I asked suddenly as my mind went to the sister that my twin and I had watched run away when we were five.

“You older sister… Which were you… your twin.” He nodded understanding.

“Chelsea ran away.” I argued with him. “Sam she…” I trailed off but he held me tighter.

“We’ll talk after we get you to your parents.”

“I…” I trailed off and just nodded refusing to tell him the second secret.

“What is it?” he whispered.

“Next week… when my parents are supposed to visit… it would be the first time I’d seen them since Sam…”

“It will be okay, Ada.” He promised.

“I can’t go back there. I don’t care about anything else right now Ty… Just don’t make me go back to Tennessee. Take me to Granny…” I begged him.

“Don’t you want to go to the…?”

“It will be in New York. Granny won’t let them have it down there. She’ll want all of Chelsea’s old friends to be able to come.” Not to mention she wouldn’t want me close to my father. I would never tell Tyler that, though.

“Change our course to New York.” Tyler told the pilot.

“Yes your highness.”

“I thought you were supposed to be going back to Biar tonight.” I whispered.

“I told James that I’d be there later this week.”

“I think you should go tonight. I’m not going to be…” I trailed off at his look, “Look we both know Ty that this is going to bring up memories of that night for me. I’ll end up being terrified and I won’t be able to be close to you. You won’t be any help here this week. I’ll just see you when I get back to Spain.” I begged him.

“I’ll have it arranged that you spend the week at Biar with me before you go back to school.”

“Thank you, Ty.” I sighed leaning back into his strong hold.

“You know one of these days I’ll have to meet them.”

“I know.” I whispered realizing he’d figured out exactly what I was really trying to do.

“Can I ask you a question, Ada?” He whispered and I nodded, “Why are you always trying to hide us from people?”

“We’re just… so… good in secret. What if when we come out in the open everything gets ruined?”

“When have we gotten away from any of the drama that we would have to deal with if we were open?”

“Nobody can tell us how we should and shouldn’t be.” I put in but he just looked at me carefully reminding me that they did. “Well they shouldn’t be able to.” I shrugged moving up to his lips as the plane landed. “Just one…” I whispered begging him when he turned his face so I couldn’t kiss him. “I won’t be able to see…” I trailed off on his lips and we both felt the kiss go deeper.

“Introduce me to your family soon.” He begged pulling away.

“Why?”

“I can’t even propose until I get your father’s permi…” he trailed off at my face, “It’s your parents that you’re keeping this a secret for. You don’t want me to meet them.”

“I don’t get the point when after today I have another two years before I ever have to see them again.”

“What you’re saying is that I don’t get to get your father’s blessing?”

“If his blessing is what we need to get married… then… I have no desire to ever get married.” I felt his surprise in my words. “I have to go. I’ll see you next week.” I whispered getting up.

“I love you, Ada.” He told me the sentence obviously a question.

“I love you too, Ty.” I promised him sighing and walking back into his arms. “I’m sorry that I reacted that way about you wanting to get Dad’s permission to propose… If it means that much to you then…” I took a deep breath, “… go to a hotel today and then tomorrow you can come over and I’ll introduce you to everybody.”

“Thank you, Ada.” He whispered kissing me again and letting me lead the kiss where I wanted.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I promised getting out of the car at the house.

“I have my cell phone if you need me. It’s speed dial 4 on this phone.” He explained handing me a cell phone identical to his. “I already put your favorite game on it.”

“Thank you, Ty… but I can’t take this. If I get caught with it…”

“Keep it hidden and call me tonight. I want you to tell me whether you need me to come over or not.” I nodded slowly and then got out.

“What’s this?!” Dad yelled at me that night and he pulled my cell phone out of his pocket.

“A cell phone.” I whispered slowly but then he hit me and I knew I hadn’t won. He kept hitting me until Granny and Mom managed to pull him away and then I tried to find my way back to the bathroom but collapsed in pain.

“Your leg’s broke.” The doctor said coming into my room after Mom and Granny had helped me into it.

“It can’t be.” I begged him.

“Where’d you get the bruises Ms. Agricola?”

“I fell down the steps same as my leg.” I whispered nervously. “I need my cell phone.” I told Mom.

“What for?” She asked.

“You aren’t going to be able to go anywhere until I manage to get you all fixed up.” The doctor told me.

“I need somebody to get Daddy’s permission before he finds out what happened to me. Then I’m leaving with him and going to Biar.” I told her as Granny gave me my phone knowing I didn’t care what the doctor had to say.

“Don’t you think you should wait until after Chelsea’s funeral?” Mom asked pointedly looking at the doctor.

“No I don’t.” I snapped, “I’m not staying so that he can break anything else.” I pushed speed dial and listened to the phone ring while talking.

“Ada?” Tyler asked when he answered.

“Please come get me. I want to go back home.” I begged him feeling the tears fall as I finally got to talk to him but I also noticed how weak I was feeling from the little exertion that I’d done.

“I’m on my way.” He promised softly but I heard the car too so I felt better about everything. “Just stay on the phone Ada and I’ll be there in two minutes. I don’t want to leave you alone.” I sighed this time and we were both silent listening to me cry.

“Prince Tyler of Biar Castle is here.” The maid told us and I nodded slowly letting her know that she could let him into this very private room.

“Ada…” Tyler whispered sadly.

“It looks worse than it is.” I whispered refusing to look at him as I told the lie, “I fell down the stairs.” I turned to the doctor and whispered, “I get to go now right?”

“No it would be very dangerous right now for you to move. You don’t seem to understand Ms. Agricola how hurt you truly are.”

“Or maybe I do and I just want to be at the castle while I heal.” I begged Tyler this time, but he just moved to sit beside me reaching up to take my hand.

“Are you two engaged?” Mom asked looking at Granny and me.

“We will be as soon as I get her father’s…” he trailed off as I broke down in tears again at the mention of Dad and Tyler wanting so much for that permission.

“You can’t talk to her father.” Mom told him and I looked up at her, “He’s dead.” I sighed and just turned back onto my side fighting the blackness the whole time.

“Go to sleep.” Tyler whispered running a finger down my cheek.

“First give me some of your blood.” I begged him in a whisper even though we both knew I would not have to beg. He’d been wanting to change me since he’d told me what he was. He nodded slowly though and put his blood in a cup under the bed. I tried to stop myself while I drank the blood but instead I reached for his arm with the cut and pulled it up to my lips licking the cut slowly before just kissing it as it healed.

“You aren’t going to change today, Ada.” He whispered in my ear. I just nodded and he bent to kiss me softly on the forehead.

I woke up what felt like a minute later but I looked down at myself and nodded knowing I’d changed. I did not connect that that meant I’d died until I looked around at the house and saw we were on the outside. “So now I’m dead.” I whispered.

“No nobody was in the room when it happened so it just looks like we ran off together.”

“We better get married then because…”

“I don’t need logical answers to marry you, Ada. I just need you to say yes.”

“Yes?” I whispered questioningly and smiled when he slipped something on my finger. I pulled my hand away from his and just stared at the beautiful ring.

“Let’s go home now.” He smiled and I leaned into him remembering that my newly perfect leg was still in its cast. “I’ll get it off you on the plane.” He promised and I giggled as he picked me up.

“That feels better.” I smiled after he’d gotten the cast off.

“I’m glad.” He promised pulling me closer and kissing my head.

“When can we get married?” I whispered looking at the ring he’d slipped on my finger.

“We’ll get married as soon as we get home.” He smiled happily.

© 2013 Mary Greenwell


Author's Note

Mary Greenwell
This is my least favorite thing I've written but here it is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome write::::::::: your words meaning powerful and have a variety!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary Greenwell

11 Years Ago

Thank you that means a lot.
I am happy that marriage will take place soon.
Great efforts indeed!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary Greenwell

11 Years Ago

Thank you. I'm glad that you read it.
zainul

11 Years Ago

You are welcome,lovely writer.
Please don't mind for the delay.
It's okay. The story was cute and nice. But, for me, you killed it with the vampire. That was pretty random in a fairytale-like story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary Greenwell

11 Years Ago

The vampires were going to have a bigger part. I had plans when I began this story to have it becom.. read more
You might not think it's very good, but I do!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mary Greenwell

11 Years Ago

Thanks. I don't really like writing short stories. I think it's probably because I don't get as at.. read more
Michael Stevens

11 Years Ago

I prefer a series of short stories with the same character, because I get bored with a premise easi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2013
Last Updated on February 25, 2013

Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Unsaid Unsaid

A Poem by Maria M


Aisling Aisling

A Poem by Anna