Welcome Home

Welcome Home

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Six

“Eli…” I begged a few days later.

“He’s in another room.” The nurse promised me like she had every other time I’d woken up screaming and begging for him. “You should be healed enough soon to visit him.” She added a new promise and I smiled relaxing some at the assurance that he was alive.

“Bree?” Austin’s voice woke me up the next morning and I smiled up at him.

“I kept our promise.” I whispered.

“You also made this Choosing the quickest ever.” He added but told me, “Eli is doing fine. They said that he should wake up today or tomorrow.” I nodded worriedly. “I gave permission, Bree.” He promised, “I told you one day you’d fall in love though.” He smiled smugly and I relaxed knowing that he was okay with it all. “I need to tell you something.” He said nervously.

“What?” I asked.

“Your sister…” He started and I sat up quickly, “She’s fine.” He promised knowing exactly what I’d jumped to. “She’s waiting outside for me to tell her she can come in.” He added and I sighed laying back down. “The thing is Bree… I know that Eli told you I was a vampire now.” I nodded, “I found my mate.”

“Good…” I sighed tiredly.

“Austin, you need to leave and let her sleep.” My nurse told him.

“No.” he shook his head, “I have to tell her this and then I’ll probably have to leave for my own safety.” He promised her and she nodded standing in the corner. “Bree… My mate is Elizabeth.” He told me and I felt hatred fill my body.

“NO!!!!!!” I roared, “You don’t get her!!!!” The nurse pulled him out of the room and then turned to me.

“If I let your sister in will you stay calm?” She asked.

“I’ll… try…” I managed and so Elizabeth came running in.

“You’re back.” She smiled crawling up into the bed with me. “Why’s Austin so upset?” She asked me, “He said he had to talk to you about something.” She shrugged and I realized that Austin had been asking my permission since I was her guardian. He had been asking me to do what he’d done and be willing to hurt so that he could continue to help me protect Elizabeth. Without my permission he was no longer allowed to be around her.

“He… it doesn’t matter… we’ll talk later.” I promised her, “You know me and Austin.”

“Always fighting.” She smiled and then she just put her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

“Please go get Austin for me.” I whispered to the Nurse. She walked outside and Austin was back within the second. “I have a few requirements for you to be allowed to be around Elizabeth for now.” I told him quietly -making sure that Elizabeth didn’t wake up- and he nodded, “You can’t tell her that she’s your mate until she’s sixteen.” I told him the big one and he nodded, “You aren’t allowed to be around her alone anymore until I know if I can trust you to remember that she’s just a little girl.” I looked away but he lifted my chin.

“I understand Bree. Do you not think that this took me as a surprise too?” I sighed some and nodded. “Just let her have a childhood please.” I requested, “I don’t care about anything else. Just help me make her happy.”

“I promise.” He whispered running his finger down my cheek, “All I want from her right now is a smile.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Eli told me it will be like that until she is actually old enough to know what being my mate means. He told me that the reason he had me protect you is because he wasn’t sure when that feeling would change and didn’t want to hurt you.”

“He told you to help me?” I whispered.

“Yes.” Austin nodded, “He told me that he wasn’t the right person but that we would get along and as my friend he was asking me to help him keep you alive.”

“He didn’t say anything when I accused him of not caring back then.” I whispered.

“He didn’t want to hurt your memory of me.” He told me, “Eli will be good for you, Bree.” He promised and I sighed.

“I miss him.” I admitted and looked at Elizabeth, “Will she feel like this if she doesn’t see you for a few days?”

“Not exactly the same.” Eli’s voice came from the door and I felt a smile spread across my face. “Don’t move.” He shook his head when I started to. “You’re still injured.” He bent down and kissed me though and I smiled happily.

“You’re okay.” I explained.

“Yes. If you ever stab me so that you can run full speed into a trap again though…” He started.

“I’ll never have to again.” I interrupted him, “By the next Choosing I’ll be twenty-one.” He nodded relaxing some at that and kissed me again.

“Eli.” Elizabeth smiled waking up a few hours later. I was supposed to be trying to go to sleep but I still turned to her. “Eli is the man you love.” She explained to me, “Austin told me.” She smiled smugly and I smiled pulling her closer to me.

“In a few hours Steven will be here to help you dress for your post-game interview.” Olivia said coming in and I nodded. “I suggest a little sleep so that he doesn’t have to use as much make-up. The world would also like Elizabeth to be there.” She added and Elizabeth smiled.

“I get to be on T.v.” she told me and I smiled kissing her head.

“Try to sleep.” Eli requested, “I’ll take Elizabeth and we’ll find us something sweet to eat.”

“Yay!!” Elizabeth yelled and I smiled as she jumped down and ran over to Eli but then she turned to me. “Austin promised me that he didn’t count as a stranger anymore.” She told me and I smiled knowing that she was worried about getting into trouble.

“No he’s not a stranger.” I promised her holding my hand out and she ran back over. I kissed her head and then whispered, “Enjoy your snack.”

“Do you want us to bring you something back?” Elizabeth asked.

“I’m fine.” I promised her and Eli took her hand leading her down the hall. I fell asleep quickly only to wake up screaming. Eli was there though holding my hand and I just looked at him. “Where’s Elizabeth?” I whispered when I’d calmed down some.

“With Olivia and Steven.” He smiled, “They are finding an outfit for her to wear.” I smiled at that and he smiled back. “She is having fun if you’d like to go watch.” He promised and I sat up. He moved the wheelchair over beside me and wheeled me into the room.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell