Another Interview

Another Interview

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Seven

“Bree!!!” Elizabeth yelled running and jumping in my lap. I flinched but when Eli opened his mouth I sent him a warning glance.

“Elizabeth, why don’t you go put on one of the two dresses that you’re deciding between for today?” Steven suggested and she took off. “Such a happy child.” He smiled and I just looked at the wall she disappeared behind. She came out in a fluffy pink dress and I smiled as Steven placed a tiara on her head.

“Beautiful.” I promised Elizabeth when she twirled for me. “Absolutely beautiful.” Eli moved over to hold my hand and we watched as she changed into a white sundress.

“Which one, sissy?” She asked and I smiled. She usually only called me ‘sissy’ at home because her friends had laughed one day when she did it in public.

“The sundress.” I told her, “It’s more you.” I smiled and she nodded turning to Steven.

“This one.” She told him and then asked, “Can I help pick Bree out something?”

“Of course.” Steven promised leading her to another rack of clothes.

“Nope.” Elizabeth shook her head when he pulled out a sundress matching hers, “She doesn’t show her legs.” She told him.

“Come here Elizabeth.” I told her and she ran over to me, “Pick out whatever you want me to wear. I have no more marks.” I showed her my legs and she smiled excitedly.

“What does she think caused the scars?” Eli asked me.

“She doesn’t know. I just told her that they were marks that made me… me.”

“Hey sissy?” Elizabeth turned back to me worried.

“Yes?”

“Since you don’t have those marks… does that mean that you aren’t Bree anymore?” She questioned worriedly.

“They are still on the inside.” I promised her, “And I will always be Bree your sister.” I promised and she hugged me.

“I missed you.” She promised me and I smiled.

“Me too bug… me too.” I smiled and she handed me the white sundress. I realized that this one was different from hers but close enough that everybody would know it was on purpose. I stood up and walked into the room that Elizabeth had changed in. I quickly changed and then walked back out into the room.

“Okay back in the chair.” Eli told me wheeling it over to me.

“I’m fine.” I shook my head.

“You’re starting to bleed again.” He warned and then leaned into my ear, “You promised to start listening to me so that I can protect you.” He reminded me and I frowned but sat back down. “Thank you.” He smiled but I looked at my thigh to find that right under the hem of the dress I had another bandage that was bleeding. “I’m going to take Bree back to the hospital wing so that they can redo the bandage.” He told Elizabeth, “You stay here and let them fix your hair and we’ll be back.” He promised and she nodded.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell